ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
hi
whats up im ryan here are some replays, pusga helped with r-haha and one of the others but i cant remember which
what can i do better? (apart from poses i know those suck)
thanks
Attached Files
r-haha.rpl (94.1 KB, 18 views)
r-lol.rpl (163.7 KB, 16 views)
r-cool.rpl (224.3 KB, 15 views)
r-nice.rpl (162.9 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by lxor; Sep 24, 2017 at 02:15 AM.
haha:
The start looked kinda janky. That leg was twitching all over but can't really complain cos the hit was nice. Skeet was lovely. Always a sucker for some skeets. Given that you dm'd your whole arm for it though, it would have been cool to see you do something with the arm. Use it as a beat stick, or another skeet or something, would elevate the replay to be a little more unique imo.

lol:
The start was a lot smoother, I found it much more pleasing to look at. The first hit was powerful but because you had to extend it at the end instead of just breaking through with the contracted knee it lost some of it's jazz imo. I dunno how possible it would have been to jsut contract all the way through but the extension looked odd. The 2nd hit was a nice addition.

cool:
I felt this was the worst replay of the bunch. I wouldn't be surprised if you made this one first. The movements felt staggered and not really fluid. Just a series of events that happened one after another that could go in any replay. The individual hits were alright but the connections were iffy.

nice:
The start was nice and reminded me of a Larfen replay I think? I dunno, some famous manip started similarly. I had to rewind and watch that double hit loads, it was really nicely done imo. Subtle as hell but really well worked. The decap looked weird and unnecessary.
hey thanks for taking the time to comment man

i agree with you on the arm thing in haha - i was lazy about either getting only my wrist to dm or doing something with the rest of the arm and i knew i should have fixed it at the time, but i was excited about actually getting a skeet (even though pusga had to tell me how to do it) so i posted it anyway

i think with lol the only reason i didn't keep my knee contracted after the first hit was that i'm still not very comfortable with moving around/repositioning myself, and rotating back around the other way looked easiest for me to get another decent hit in. ideally i would have liked one or two more dms on the second hit, but i got impatient

you're right that i made cool first - most of it was actually done in 2010. i agree that it really lacks fluidity and that's the main thing i tried to improve on in haha and lol

nice was also mostly done in 2010. i would have liked to do more with uke's lower half but i spent a fair while experimenting and couldn't come up with anything good

i think my biggest problems at this point are impatience and lack of an intuitive understanding of the game's physics - i picked up the game again last week for the first time in roughly 5 years - but i'm working on the latter and trying to keep the former in mind

thanks again for taking the time to comment, hopefully i'll be able to get something good done soon