ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Request] Top ten decap tips.
Hey, im sorta new to toribash but i can kick off arms, legs, and even a chest one time with one kick, but no matter how hard or from what direction I hit uke's head I cant decap!

So I'm requesting a decap tutorial (Not a move just a bunch of good tips or something) it would be cool if it were by one of those UBER torigods or something.

So.... yeah, bye.
There's a whole bunch of attacking tutorials to be found in the tutorial index... Aside from that, try twisting your entire body into the attack, and try to hit the head so it has to contract/extend further than it can go... Aiming for the neck joint helps a lot too...
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Try and get between the gap between uke's neck and the rest of his body, if im right, that's a pretty good angle?

edit - ah, you said that.
collect snots from the nose
The top 10 tips are as following:
  1. Hit the neck joint
  2. Hit the neck joint
  3. Hit the neck joint
  4. Hit the neck joint
  5. Hit the neck joint
  6. Hit the neck joint
  7. Hit the neck joint
  8. Hit the neck joint
  9. Hit the neck joint
  10. Hit the neck joint
xD
Just kidding, but it really is a good idea to hit it. If you want points, go for the
head. If you want a decap, go for the neck, hard. Although the neck is fairly
easy to dismember, you'll still need some force to do it. Use as many joints
as possible to add to your momentum, and time your kick/punch correctly,
and it shouldn't be too big a problem. But hitting the right place is another matter
entirely. Punches can be a little tricky because your hands are cubes, but that
can be solved by grabbing or hitting from behind. Kicks doesn't have the problem
with your feet being cubic, but there is just the little matter that your feet
is on the floor while Ukes head is 2.5 meters in the air. But with a little jumping,
that shouldn't be a problem.

P.S. Power to the blocks of text ಠ_ಠ
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Thanks for all the tips guys, but I'm still a little lost about the jump to kick him, in all the replays it just looks totally random, is there any technique to it or what?
Well, there is of course no fixed techniques in Toribash (Apart from Hold All/Relax All),
but you should just try with extending ankles and hips or something. Use whatever
joints you need to push yourself away from the ground. And if you need some
spin, try contracting one or both of your knees.
That, or try manipulating Uke into your foot (Without using his joints!).

Edit: It is very hard to get a decap kick at 100 engage distance, so you might
want to set it to like, 180-200...
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by shook View Post
Well, there is of course no fixed techniques in Toribash (Apart from Hold All/Relax All),
but you should just try with extending ankles and hips or something. Use whatever
joints you need to push yourself away from the ground. And if you need some
spin, try contracting one or both of your knees.
That, or try manipulating Uke into your foot (Without using his joints!).

Edit: It is very hard to get a decap kick at 100 engage distance, so you might
want to set it to like, 180-200...

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind
Try getting yourself set up for a good kick. i usually do wushu moves to get good decaps.
lol shook... full of loads of epic info... for kicks... raising shoulders and moving chest and lumbar, extending ankles, extending hips... thatll get you up some
Since when did I become Asian?