Ranking
Original Post
[WIP] My first 2 Mods
Hey guys, ive never really did anything to make mods.
my clanmate super ( former supereba ) tweaked the wushu settings a bit to make a funmod: thus hoaxshu was born. ( its wuhsu without fracs , 200 DMT and originally 5 DQ Timeout )
People complained about the 5dqtimeout so i made it 20.
then we thought we could add some objects so i started to play around with the modmaker a bit.

my very first attempt which im still unsure if i should continue it.

The First Attempt

(V)Rekd suggested that i add an instantwin ball that is really hard to reach.
i might will do this someday.

But since i personaly didnt like this version i started over.
This was the result.

1 of 2 Screenshots

2 of 2 Screenshots

modname: Hoaxshu3_Dojo.tbm
i removed moveable objects since they were very buggy in the first version and i think its not really required.
im pretty happy how this mod turned out but im always looking for advice!

the other mod was request by my clanmate Hipower.
he played around with the idea how it could be fun to play ninjutsu but fall onto a ramp.
after a couple of failed attempts i made this.
things i have to do in this mod are: Make wrists / Ankles harder to DM, and fix the TF Loop since the modmaker changed it to 55,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 without me noticing.
i also need a new name for the mod.

Rampjutsu.tbm

Making this thread only for CNC since like i said above im pretty new to modmaking and im sure there are lots of things that i could make better.
Attached Files
hoaxshu3_dojo.tbm (10.1 KB, 8 views)
rampjutsu.tbm (4.2 KB, 10 views)
[06:53]Sissykick: my friend was the hottest drag queen in the group.
Rampjutsu looks fine, but the rest is weird. I see you put some effort im it, 6/10 imo. Keep modding, it looks promising.
hoaxshu3_dojo:
this mod is nearly perfect in terms of the way the matches flow. the obstacles/ramps/etc require a certain amount of creativity to use, and are thus a whole lot of fun for experienced players.

the pillars, however, interrupt the flow of the game sometimes, particularly when you are near the edge and trying to save yourself. i would suggest moving them to just outside of the dojo, which should fix the problem.

rampjutsu:
as much fun as it is to run/roll down the ramp, it really messes with the pacing of the game. as it is, it takes a minimum of 7-8 turns to make it to the bottom of the ramp if you're really efficient about it. my suggestion: make the ramp 0 friction. if you change the tf to 70,70,(40/45),30,30,etc with 0 friction ramps, you can reach your opponent in 4-5 turns without any real risk of self-injury.

pace is a HUGE factor in how much people will like a mod imo—if you think about it, the less time it takes for players to make contact, the more popular a mod is. aikido and judo are hugely popular because contact is made in the first turn. runkido, on the other hand, is significantly less popular because it takes 5-6 turns to reach the opponent if you both know what you're doing. in general, speeding up the pace of play makes a mod more exciting to watch and fun to play.

just my two cents

anyway, i really love what you're doing and i expect great things from you in the future. i can tell you have great ideas and i am absolutely sure you'll make a positive impact on the community
not really sure if its better,
i changed what you said.
ramps have 0 friction.
but im unsure if i can leave fracs in ( please test it and tell me ) and turned DMT from 260 to 300 since you gain more momentum now = harder impact ( maybe?)
fixed the frameloop problem now.
TF´s are now 75,30x24
795 Matchframes
Attached Files
slidejutsubeta.tbm (4.2 KB, 5 views)
[06:53]Sissykick: my friend was the hottest drag queen in the group.
I quite like it, I think it would be even better if it was a sparring mod.
Cats <3