Toribash
Originally Posted by NormalCitizen View Post
Instead of saying all that shit about japan, you could just to this.

Tori Spelling.

Toribash.

Spellingbash.

Tori Tori.

Toribash.

Boom, never forget it again.

i dont think its possible for him to say it like that with that accent

tari bash
tari spalling
spallingbash
tari tari
taribash

nice show, could definately use some more exposure, the more people that watch it, the better the replays will be.
you could also do with understanding the game a bit more, but it will get there im sure
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
i dont think its possible for him to say it like that with that accent

tari bash
tari spalling
spallingbash
tari tari
taribash

nice show, could definately use some more exposure, the more people that watch it, the better the replays will be.
you could also do with understanding the game a bit more, but it will get there im sure

Oh I couldn't agree more, dispite playing this game for a few years now I still know relatively little about it, when compared to the pros anyway. It's part of the reason I posted it here actually, try and get more people interested and possibly submitting to the show.

As for the pronunciation, it's going to take a little while for me to break the habit but I am making an effort to pronounce it right in future episodes.
Perhaps you can try to get some of the better replay makers to come on the show and
talk to you about replay making. I must admit, I was the one that posted on one of your videos
saying that a lot of it was pretty nooby.
wow that
sucked
Originally Posted by NearlyDead View Post
Perhaps you can try to get some of the better replay makers to come on the show and
talk to you about replay making. I must admit, I was the one that posted on one of your videos
saying that a lot of it was pretty nooby.

I appreciate you admitting that, thank you and I take no offense, for the most part I'd agree with you, it was always intended as to begin as a basic show though, we were hoping as the show progressed we could peak the interest of some better replay makers and then through submissions the show would improve over time, and in my own opinion that has slowly start happening, especially in recent weeks. I think I said once in my of my own videos there that are a large amount of people who are infinitely better at Toribash than I am, but there's also a fairly notable group who are just starting out without a clue what to do, they were our intended target audience at least in the beginning, I hope that soon we can start to interest the other group, it's another one of the reasons why I finally decided to post this show here, what better way to get some Toribash pros than to show it where they all hang out
I also just noticed.

In episode 15, at For ouch by doomsday9, he stole that replay from War_Hero's syncro strike.

It's terrible to steal replays.

you should check before putting them on your show.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
That sounds to me like a white south African accent, am i somewhat correct?good job dude either way.
This show is absolutely delightful.

The host is clearly just getting into the game right now and is still marveled by the simple things (like pressing E to edit replays), and that brings up a whole new unique feature to the videos.
You get to see the stages of a new player and what he discovers about the game with weekly updates (even if those discoveries are made by people sending him tips, etc), and that's in my opinion one of the biggest wonders of this game, the slow and challenging learning process.

Don't mind if people call the replays you use/call you a noob or any of that nonsense numbnuts usually say. They don't get the essence of your show (and they're obviously numbnuts).

Take care with stolen replays like MrJingles1 said, and take care with instagib mods.
instagib mods, like for example the mod "instagibfeet.tbm" (the one used on that replay with a lot of destruction on your "Toribash Tips - Episode 15") are one of the things phonies use. In that mod, everything that your feet touches gets dismembered (because the feet are the instagib part in instagibfeet.tbm, other mods could make the hands instagib and so on).
That's obviously used to make your replay look like it has a lot more powerful moves than it actually has, and if you suspect that's the case you can right click on a replay file, open it with notepad and check if the mod used in the replay is instagibfeet.tbm or any instagib variation (the mod is written in the NEWGAME line).

And that's a tip on how to uncover a phony. Keep up the good work ;)
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
This show is absolutely delightful.

The host is clearly just getting into the game right now and is still marveled by the simple things (like pressing E to edit replays), and that brings up a whole new unique feature to the videos.
You get to see the stages of a new player and what he discovers about the game with weekly updates (even if those discoveries are made by people sending him tips, etc), and that's in my opinion one of the biggest wonders of this game, the slow and challenging learning process.

Don't mind if people call the replays you use/call you a noob or any of that nonsense numbnuts usually say. They don't get the essence of your show (and they're obviously numbnuts).

Take care with stolen replays like MrJingles1 said, and take care with instagib mods.
instagib mods, like for example the mod "instagibfeet.tbm" (the one used on that replay with a lot of destruction on your "Toribash Tips - Episode 15") are one of the things phonies use. In that mod, everything that your feet touches gets dismembered (because the feet are the instagib part in instagibfeet.tbm, other mods could make the hands instagib and so on).
That's obviously used to make your replay look like it has a lot more powerful moves than it actually has, and if you suspect that's the case you can right click on a replay file, open it with notepad and check if the mod used in the replay is instagibfeet.tbm or any instagib variation (the mod is written in the NEWGAME line).

And that's a tip on how to uncover a phony. Keep up the good work ;)

Thanks for the kind words, I've actually been playing this game on and off for years, but aside from the stuff taught in the intro tutorial my knowledge is fairly limited on the nitty gritty stuff, my attitude when I decide on my tip of the week is usually "If I didn't know it, there might be others who don't" then I en devour to teach others it.

As for the stolen replays, it really does sadden me that people submit stolen replays to the show, but I really have no way of telling what's stolen and what isn't short of watching every Toribash replay in existence, it is clearly and issue that I need to address however.

And I actually spotlighted the instagib mod here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3EVN9JgH38) where I talked about my own opinion on using it in replays, I have a solution in mind that should make everyone happy on that particular front
-----
Originally Posted by MrJingles1 View Post
I also just noticed.

In episode 15, at For ouch by doomsday9, he stole that replay from War_Hero's syncro strike.

It's terrible to steal replays.

you should check before putting them on your show.

I apologize for how horribly sarcastic this is going to sound but assure you I'm being 100% genuine and legitimately interested in your opinion, how do you propose we identify stolen replays? There should be a post above this where I go into more detail but bottom line, I totally agree its terrible to steal replays and rest assured I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure the submitters understand that.
Last edited by JackMorris; Oct 6, 2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Ahhh didn't realized you covered that mod already.

Anyway, to try and spot stolen replays you can go on IRC, join the channel #ormo and link it there. Combined, the people in there have seen thousands and thousands of replays throughout the years, so that could be some sort of help even though it wouldn't be infallible.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
You had me at "GLOOT or ARSE". Also "YOOK". I like your voice, and your talking is entertaining, so yes, i am interested. Great work! c:
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol