Ranking
Original Post
Dragon Age: Origins vs. Borderlands
Okay, so I played borderlands and thought it was amazing, but I was only renting it and had to return it. Now the only place in town to rent ps3 games has closed down so the next one I get I have to buy. What'll last me longer, Borderlands or Dragon Age? Thanks!
Originally Posted by Onamist View Post
Dragon Age will last longer, unless you are hardcore into Borderlands and its DLC.

Really? I didn't expect that because I didn't think Dragon Age was super expansive like Borderlands is.
If you get the expansion of DA:O and the DLC, and run through a couple of times to do everything at least once, that can take a huge amount of time. Unless you are really into Borderlands and its DLC, and playthrough several times, you won't play for as long.
i have botuh games and i think borderlands is funnier than dragon age ^^
My Fan Club|†Custom Belt†|†Proud Piratez Overseer and Chest Keeper†| Click or Die|
Do What You Want Cuz A Pirate Is Free. You Are A Pirate!!
Uberis|FighterKHV|Firebolty|TheDog96|TheAnimal
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
if you aren't skipping dialogues, doing all quests and playing on highest difficulity (on dragon ages origins) dragon ages origins is longer, but it is more fun then u play boarderlands online but it is shorter... the good thing is that u can play playthrough 2 on borderlands.and on dragon ages origins u can play 2nd time and choose other options.
u can say which game is better because borderlands is shooter/adventure game with RPG elements and dragon age origins is RPG/TACTIC/ADVENTURE + strategy elements...
Do it with style or don't even bother doing it.
borderlands.

it has more in-depth gameplay and is more free roaming than DA. borderlands has customized weapons as well as unique and special weapons, unlike the boring "material" stats of DA weapons. borderlands is 500x better than DA, i have both and i spent a ton more time playing borderlands than DA. borderlands also has a whole menu to get into multiplayer games, which is when the real fun starts. in DA, if you can even can get into multiplayer (ive tried but couldnt figure it out) all you can do is go into a boring quest line and in borderlands you can do anything (farm exp, do quests, kill bosses for guns, ect.)

all in all, borderlands is better imo.
Borderlands and DaO are soooo different.

Dao is rpg, which by nature lasts longer since pacing is slower. I *personally* didn't enjoy it as much due to this.
Borderlands is definitely VERY fun with friends. The dlc is pretty great quality too. Long missions, large content. Not skimpy little skin packs or *shudders* 3 maps for 15 bucks. (Looking at you MW2)

I head DaO has a good dlc out too.
In the end, it comes down to which genre you prefer since they are both excellent
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by Shortyish View Post
borderlands.

it has more in-depth gameplay and is more free roaming than DA. borderlands has customized weapons as well as unique and special weapons, unlike the boring "material" stats of DA weapons. borderlands is 500x better than DA, i have both and i spent a ton more time playing borderlands than DA. borderlands also has a whole menu to get into multiplayer games, which is when the real fun starts. in DA, if you can even can get into multiplayer (ive tried but couldnt figure it out) all you can do is go into a boring quest line and in borderlands you can do anything (farm exp, do quests, kill bosses for guns, ect.)

all in all, borderlands is better imo.

i know this is just your opinion, but dao have been rated best game of 2009 by IGN and the marks of other rewievs is 9/10 or 10/10
also this game is 4 more mature people so boarderlands seem better for younger ppl...
boarderlands have been rated less and i have finished both games for few times, i got bored of boarderlands but i can't say i got bored of dao (still playing it)
Do it with style or don't even bother doing it.