Toribash
Original Post
Portable Toribash
Hello all! So I'm not sure if this was a question that's already been asked, but I was trying to have TB v5.12 on my Flash drive to take with me and play wherever. But I'm not sure how to install it on my drive or if its even possible. My only opportunity to install it is at school using the school computers so if I try installing, I'll need admin rights. Any ideas or tips on how to accomplish this?
I am light. I am darkness. I am a rushing waterfall. I am a blazing inferno. I am and I am not. The Power of Nothingness compels me...DENJIN HADOUKEN!
haha i use to do the same thing man.

So what i did was i would go to my "toribash" and then to "open file location", then i would just copy all of that, throw it into a new folder, put it onto my USB and take it and put it on the computer at school.

Then all you need to do is click the startup icon on the bottom of the folder.
Use to work for me all the time.
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
I think during installation you can just direct it to your flash drive, or just go into your toribash directory and just transfer it to your flash drive.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Hmm I see. But my issue is that the second I attempt to install it, the school computer won't let me. It's not on a personal computer, that's the thing.
I am light. I am darkness. I am a rushing waterfall. I am a blazing inferno. I am and I am not. The Power of Nothingness compels me...DENJIN HADOUKEN!
Originally Posted by Antman777 View Post
Hmm I see. But my issue is that the second I attempt to install it, the school computer won't let me. It's not on a personal computer, that's the thing.

Do what i told you, it doesnt ask for admin rights. Trust me.
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
So I downloaded the TB setup, but I don't see anything saying open file location. How did you do that? Did you right click on the setup icon?
Okay, here's what you do. You'll probably need to do this from home, by the way:

You don't need to run any installation when you try to play the game on another computer, because the point is that you already have tb installed on the flash drive. You will be able to run it right off the drive.

Open the setup, don't need to open file location or anything, just run it. Don't install it to the directory it defaults to. Direct it to a folder you make in your flash drive.
(for example, rather than being C:\aaaaa\aaaaaaaaaaaa\games\toribash, you set it to install to F:\toribash, F being the name of your flash drive)

When it's finished installing, navigate to the flash drive in your file explorer, and you should find all the files. Run the game from there, and it should all work.
Last edited by Kahn; Jul 25, 2017 at 07:17 PM.

Ah see that was issue. Thought there was a way to do it on a computer that's not at home. Well I guess I'll just find another way then.
Kahn if I attpted what you said on a mac and just redirected it tomthe flash drive would it still ask for an admin password to be installed?
[fl0w][Alpha][Catalyst][Submerge][Calamity][Swosh][Scourge][Colors][Neko][Miner][Kunt][deprav][Possesed][TMO-Leader][Proud Council member of TeamLenshu]
Just install it on a computer you have access to, and then copy the entire game folder from there directly onto the flash drive.

The game itself doesn't need admin rights to run, after all.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!