Ranking
Before this gets out of hand, please keep the debate civil. I don't really care if you talk about the matter, actually it's probably one of the more interesting things to talk about. To talk about something and generate good chat is great, so I'm all for it!

Shitty remarks, one line comments, flaming others, and more as the moderators see fit, will not be tolerated. Consider this a formal warning.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Well if we are going to keep this civil, I might want to join in too. One of the only topics I care to be civil in.

I play Tekken, which is the only FG I compete in.
But I personally feel like melee has some of the highest skillceilings out of all the "fighting games". I have massive hespec for high level melee players.
I consider melee a fighting game because its 1v1, the goal is to attack the other character, it has frame data, hitboxes, and similar mindgames and concepts than other fighters like spacing, okizeme, punishes etc.

To me that's close enough to call it a fighting game. Afterall there is no jury on fighting games, that define what is and isn't a fighting game.

Where I compete, smash is in the same FG tournaments as games like Tekken, SF or GG. So it's even somewhat a part of the Finnish FGC, even tho the community is pretty isolated.
At the end of the day, does it really matter. Smash is somewhat intertwined with FGC anyways, and calling it or not calling it a fighting game doesnt actually prove anything to any direction.

It doesn't make smash less skillful to say it is or isnt a FG.
Alltho I dont have any clue on other smash games than Melee, since it's the only scene I follow.
Last edited by cowmeat; Dec 1, 2018 at 11:51 AM.
@Slybash.
Dark Souls is as much of a fighting game as Smash. I can play minecraft hunger games competitively, but that doesn't mean the game is competitive by nature. The same way, you can pretend that smash is a fighting game by enforcing rules such as not playing on certain stages or using items, but that doesn't make it a fighting game. It's a party game, and calling people retards won't change a single thing.

Also I'll body your ass in tekken little boy, my bryan is on point. Same goes for cowmeat.
You wanna argue philosophy? What in essence makes a fighting game what it is intrinsically? What is the Platonic form of a fighting game? Why does it warrant making a post at all?

Anyone notice how hipotibor didn't actually address any of my points? Do you have anything substantial to say or are you gonna keep shitting up the thread? Why don't you leave?
Oh look, the party game is not going to be at EVO this year. Maybe because EVO is for fighting games?

:thonk:
Originally Posted by hipotibor View Post
Oh look, the party game is not going to be at EVO this year. Maybe because EVO is for fighting games?

:thonk:

ultimate still gonna be on sunday though
see me in tekken so you can get bodied by melee player 8/
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
ultimate still gonna be on sunday though
see me in tekken so you can get bodied by melee player 8/

Didn't you learn your lesson back in skullgirls little boy? Dm me your steam.