Ranking
Original Post
The OLDA Peoples Organization.
OLDA

Hello, and welcome to the OLDA peoples organization! The OLDA peoples organization (or just OLDA) is an organization specificly made for the members of the Toribash community over 19 years old. The main goal of OLDA is to provide a meeting ground for the players who may feel...sort of elderly when they look around the forums or get PWNT and flamed, but dont really know what PWNT or flamed means. The only requirement for membership is that you are over the age of 19. Aside from that the only other rule of OLDA is to treat all players of Toribash (OLDA members or not) with respect. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your skills, but there is also no need to be an ass about things, we are all adults here, so lets act like it. If you really want to feel great that badly then go pick on kids at the arcade. Obviously all of the other forum rules apply and any infractions will carry the same penalty as anywhere else in the forums, so no racism or sexism or anything else that does not belong in a video game forum.

The story so far: As you may know OLDA was, in its first incarnation, a clan. OLDA was a very short lived clan and only lasted about a week. We had 3 members, myself, Blotto, and morf. OLDA clan was started one night when myself and Blotto both had the idea to start a clan for people over 21. Being that I live in the U.S. and Blotto in Italy, the whole experience was sort of serendipitous. As a result our expectations were set rather high. Within a few days Blotto and I had raised the T.C. to become official and sent it off. One thing neither of us counted on though was the actual work that go's into creating a clan thread, after about a week and a half of waiting I got impatient and pulled the plug on OLDA clan. Also, it felt silly to start yet another clan, when starting an Org. could reach allot more people. That was yesterday. Today, May 29 2008, I actually received a response from ManBreakfast informing me that he had just created the OLDA clan thread, but that he also received my request to disregard it all together, so in essence OLDA clan was official for what Im guessing was no more then an hour before it was dissolved. Which brings us to right now, still May 29, but a bit later in the evening. OLDA is something that I would not have created were it not for the advice of several people already familiar with the Toribash community. I'm only hoping that these same people will now come and join OLDA and help me get this started. There is no point in having an org without the community's support.

Plans: Some ideas I have for OLDA include holding special OLDA competitions and tournaments. I would be thrilled to see members of different clans come together and do things like make OLDA videos. This is one area where I really need you guys to step in and help me out. Honestly I love the idea of having an org, and I think there are allot of possibilities , and I hope we can reach them all.

Membership: To join OLDA all you have to do is post here saying you want to join. Please include your age (we trust you wont be lame and lie) and anything else you feel like including and don't mind having listed in our roster, i.e. Clan affiliation, Belt color, time playing Toribash, and if you want a snazzy description feel free to include that too. As I said before the only requirement for membership is that you are at least 19. That means all you unranked white belts out there, feel free to join. Personally I will be absolutely thrilled to see this thread flooded with white belts and 10th Dans alike.

Misc/ etc. etc.: If you feel inclined to putting a tag on your name to represent OLDA, the "official" tag will be [OLDA] Edit 5/29/08 anywhere you like in your name. As of now the Official symbol of OLDA is the lovely mug of frothy goodness in several of our avatars (Courtesy of BloTto). However, should you feel a desire to make your own unofficial avatar, feel free. Any other artwork is always welcome.

Current roster: Oct/14/2008

Deady. (Bitter Olda NF.) 25 yo. Clan: Baloon is Nothing.. 2nd Dan. GMT -5

BloTto. 23 Italy. GMT+2

Skazz. 23yo. Leiden, The Netherlands.

Jay. 28yo. U.S. GMT-6

Dikarika. 29yo. U.S. GMT-4

Lapsus. 19yo. Clan: Bouncey.. 2nd Dan.

bdo. 24yo. Clan: HUNG. 6th Dan.

avwave. 24yo. Clan: Freeze

RyusanPL. 21yo. Clan: NO. 5th Dan.

Zentradi. 24yo. Clan: DAT. 3rd Dan. GMT+3 Russia.

DesertPunk. 19yo. GMT+8 Canada.

Hector. 19yo. 9th Dan. Clan : Hack. Ukrain. GMT+2

Melmoth. 24yo. 3rd Dan. Clan: Fusion. France. Founded Torinews.

KOtten. 18yo*. 8th Dan. Clan Freeze. Sweden.

Candide. 22yo. Brown Belt. 2 weeks (! it took me two months!)

Kreshek.20yo. Clan: DAT. Black belt

HebrewHamr.18yo. GMT -5

NutHug. 19yo. GMT +2. Master belt.

volt. 21yo. GMT-4 SU, -5 WI. 7th Dan Black Belt

AMB 36yo. Spain. Clan: HUNG. Black Belt.

Visnus 23 yo. Sweden. Clan: HUNG. 3rd Dan.

Bias 27yo. Germany. Blue belt.

0815Rocker23yo Germany. Clan: DAT. 10th Dan.

EvilPerson.
23 yo

Skulfuk. 27 yo U.K. Clan: Parrot.

Shakky 23 yo. Germany. Clan: Urban. 5th Dan.

Modulous 27yo, playing a week. Blue belt. England.

Daftigod: Olda balls fell off
30 yo U.S. 3rd Dan, playing 10 months.

Juntalis 19 yo

RayClovis. 19 yo

Rutzor 24 yo Clan: Urban Unit.

Crimson999. 25 yo IRL Badass.

Dark Vadder.^^ 22. yo. Germany. Blackbelt.

eveCoco. 20yo. Black belt. GMT+2. Denmark. Smooth hair and calm brown eyes. Skilled in PS&AE. Clan: You Got Served Bitches

Odlov 20yo.

TheGenTen. 26yo. Playing 3 months. 2nd Dan. OLDAs only hypnotist.

Spree 20 yo.

kntormsrin 19 yo.

SkulsChick. 31 yo. Married to the wonderful Skulfuk and the only OLDA CHICA!

OLDA external forum! Come and experiance the wonder and magic of our very own forum. Topics include Toribash, OLDA people, and other stuff.... http://olda.invisionplus.net/ We look forward to seeing you.

OLDA IRC. (courtesy of Skazz) irc://irc.toribash.com/OLDA

OLDA Honors:

Really OLDAs
. Those who have been around since the beginning and/or contributed to the org through technichal help, exposure, TC's, and art.
BloTto: Cofounder. Official artist of OLDA. Director in hiding.
Skazz: IRC guru and Mod Genius.
bdo: Donation extraordinaire, word spreader, and video god.
Zentradi: OLDAs rep in the world of TK. General music and substance guru.
Hector: TCs distributor and word spreader. Tournament owner.
Melmoth: Founder of the Torinews, which featured an article about OLDA and was just generally AMAZING! TC donations, Server help, Melmoth owns, to put it briefly.
HebrewHamr and NutHug: OLDAs inside players . NutHug was also active on the external forums...RIP.
Volt: OLDAs fallen.
Skulfuk: TC donations and a generally awesome person Also, it is through Skulfuk that OLDA gained our only woman member, Skulschik.
Rutzor: Aside from being an excellent dancer, there is TC donations and general epicness.
Modulous: Very, very active and supportive...But sadly Mod has vanished
Crimson999: Word spreader, nunchuck asswhooper.
DarkVader: Word spreader.
Deady. Cofounder, Tc's, general work horse.

OLDA regulars. Those with a permanent bar stool. Frequent posters, past and present.
Dikarika.
avwave.
eveCoco.
kntormsrin

Just OLDA enough Posted once or twice, then vanished.
Everyone else.

Well folks, I think that about covers it. If there is anything I have missed, or any suggestions you have please DON'T BE SHY. Here's looking forward to a great organization.

Cheers (since you are old enough ;)

Deady.

P.S. OLDA stands for Over Legal Drinking Age.
Last edited by deady; Oct 15, 2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Updated Roster, added OLDA honors, added title.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Sign me up!
Sébastien, 23, Leiden, The Netherlands.
Mind if I wear [OLDA] instead? I like it better...
[OPA] would be [grandfather] in Dutch, but I don't see that sticking around
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Count me in.
28, United States GMT -6
[OLDA]Jay sounds so much better then [OPO]Jay to me...
<ZaneNutio> I ASSED FIRSED
Perhaps in the clans death, it may live.

Orgs don't usually wear tags, but OLDA members seem willing to toss one on.

Oh, BTW, sign me up too. =)

29, United States GMT -4

I'll show my support on my left leg texture.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
Hi! I'd like to join, if you don't mind.

I'm currently 19, which would make me the youngest of the OLDA if I'm allowed in, until someone else comes along, of course. [19 is the legal drinking age in most of Canada, except for Alberta, Manitoba, and Québec, where the legal age is 18]

I'm a member of bouncy, and I've been playing for slightly over nine months now. I just recently got my 2nd dan black belt, and I live in Ontario, Canada, two hours outside of Toronto.
<+veb> dude___________________._____________________<hampa> the hosting center decided to raise the price
<+veb> I am to durnk to pu6t in the wriute commmand lol ___<hampa> and we only run irc on this machine which is a bit of a waste
<+veb> and u suxc u cant od it gfro me ______|______._____<Lapsus> How much power is behind the IRC server?
<+veb> ;oml?________________________________________<hampa> it is like delivering pizza using an airplane
Of course you can join Lapsus. Welcome to all of you! I have changed the OLDA tag back to OLDA *snif snif* Im so happy.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
count me in, too!

i'm 24, a 2nd dan blackbelt from clan DAT....

finally a place where i don't feel so out of place
I'm game for it!

24 Almost 6th Dan. From Freeze

Ah.. Good to be with fogeys.
Wow, imagine if this were a clan, pretty good group of folks now...

hmmm.

Nice work Deady, nice work. =)
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
you know im in ;)

i feel like a co-founder

i removed my clan tag in nickname, but i will wear an arm texture with our acronym, very soon.

nice work homie!

oh.. blotto, 23, italy, gmt +2

[OLDA]
Co-Founder