Toribash
Original Post
Need Tips
Im sorta new to toribash i played alot a couple of years ago but have forgotten most of the good techniques if someone could help me out that would be great
Originally Posted by hamza135 View Post
I would recommend doing the tutorial and checking out youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A17R-2RtDTs

Sorry hamza, but this is the quickest way to becoming a bad player. Tutorials are only helpful for tricking. Competitive play should be designed into the most perfect way for you. I would suggest spending a little bit of time in a low belt server. Experiment. As of right now, your losses don't matter. Mess around with your joints. I myself find that getting a midsection grab and grappling my opponent to the ground is the best strategy.

For me.

You yourself may find it easier to stay up and kick. You may like nograbbing. You may like snap kicking. It's up to you! Design yourself a opener and style, and you will be successful.
I'm just gamin' man
If you know how to do it, you can also set your Toribash to autosave your replays against other players. Once you have a decent amount of them, you could always open the replays and pause/edit them to see the joint states for certain openers. I found that observing other players moves and how they go about certain situations better helped me understand how to counter and get out of sticky situations as well as put others in them.
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
If you know how to do it, you can also set your Toribash to autosave your replays against other players. Once you have a decent amount of them, you could always open the replays and pause/edit them to see the joint states for certain openers. I found that observing other players moves and how they go about certain situations better helped me understand how to counter and get out of sticky situations as well as put others in them.

This normally helps me with tricking and replay making, so I assume it would be good for multiplayer too, however, I still stick with my idea of designing your own opener. Viewing other people's actions and seeing how to SAVE a situation, would be ok in my book. However, since I have two of my own grappling openers that so far I have seen no one uses besides me, stealing or using openers would not be a good idea. For one, it will most likely not fit your style, and two, people may have spent time on those openers. I know not too many people make their own openers, but I do, and I know I wouldn't want mine to be taken. Continue experimenting though c:
I'm just gamin' man
for me just doing a noob clap helped me a lot to learn how to play. Its a really basic opener and you can learn a lot from it because you have to do different things depending on the situation and you learn to counter stuff a lot better. If you kick then your probably gonna follow through with that kick but with a noob clap you have like 100000 different things you can do and you learn to adapt to situations
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
Originally Posted by Flamesmash View Post
for me just doing a noob clap helped me a lot to learn how to play. Its a really basic opener and you can learn a lot from it because you have to do different things depending on the situation and you learn to counter stuff a lot better. If you kick then your probably gonna follow through with that kick but with a noob clap you have like 100000 different things you can do and you learn to adapt to situations

noob clap is a noob clap, you can make it very effective in judo, or used as a stability pod in wushu.
my tips: firstly, look for ConCon's "understanding the joints" on youtube; this will help you understand the joints much better and use the chest and lumbar*.
chest and lumbar*= one of the joints which help you aim the kick or the punches better.
Grabbing is a very good option to gain enough momentum and kick the enemy, just pull him to you and prepare the kick.
ESoldier25

Conconcs video was suggested up above by hamza135
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!