ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by PyroTime View Post
How is it possible anyways? Does the universe have a mega ass hdd that stores what happened every second of every day so that we can go back in time?

The spacetime continuum is not a hard drive, and real life is not a computer.

What you are essentially doing is warping through space via FTL travel (impossible) to travel to the past.

The space-time continuum doesn't have a "memory," per se, you're just changing where you are in it.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Yes. If you kill one person, you would actually be killing hundreds of people. If you think of it, killing that one person may eliminate the existence of their children. Thereby eliminating the existence of their children and so on. It may be true that you were meant to kill them in 2003 but that's not the question. The question is, will it effect the future. The answer is yes. For every action there is a reaction. A consequence. You didn't have to go back and kill that person, but you did. Therefor changing the future. Everyone is in control of their future. Even if fate wasn't planning it.
Originally Posted by Notar View Post
Yes. If you kill one person, you would actually be killing hundreds of people. If you think of it, killing that one person may eliminate the existence of their children. Thereby eliminating the existence of their children and so on. It may be true that you were meant to kill them in 2003 but that's not the question. The question is, will it effect the future. The answer is yes. For every action there is a reaction. A consequence. You didn't have to go back and kill that person, but you did. Therefor changing the future. Everyone is in control of their future. Even if fate wasn't planning it.

well no. You would only have killed one person. I get what you are saying with the whole "it's a wonderful life theory" but physically, you only killed one person.

I think of time traveling like a journal. say it's the year 2011, and you go back to 1950, similar to looking at an old journal. You can only go backwards in time, or to the date that you left.
I think that the past can be changed, but not the future. If you change something in the past, time somehow sorts itself out.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
I can see your stand-point on how I only killed one person. But you've eliminated the possibility of many other lives by taking one. Fate will bring you to a situation but free-will allows you to pull the trigger. A person's free-will effects their destiny. But it was free-will that effected your destiny. One incident may change the future forever. It may have been destined to become that way, but it was free-will that forced that fate into motion.
Last edited by Notar; Jan 18, 2011 at 02:56 AM.
Originally Posted by ivolt View Post
well no. You would only have killed one person. I get what you are saying with the whole "it's a wonderful life theory" but physically, you only killed one person.

I think of time traveling like a journal. say it's the year 2011, and you go back to 1950, similar to looking at an old journal. You can only go backwards in time, or to the date that you left.
I think that the past can be changed, but not the future. If you change something in the past, time somehow sorts itself out.

Physics can prove it's impossible to go backwards in time. You can just go slower than your surroundings, meaning you can get to 2100 in 20 years if you want.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
Originally Posted by Notar View Post

This would also be related to the butterfly effect.
I'd like to a famous youtuber. =3
You like COD? --- >MONTAGE<
I belief that if the speed of the item will be over light speed it makes a black hole and other changes. Because the galaxy is located in 3 dimensional space. The black hole will make a hole in time and we might to trip to the past and future.The future is on the nanotechnological fuel.Which make the speed over light speed.
Originally Posted by QWERT777 View Post
I belief that if the speed of the item will be over light speed it makes a black hole and other changes. Because the galaxy is located in 3 dimensional space. The black hole will make a hole in time and we might to trip to the past and future.The future is on the nanotechnological fuel.Which make the speed over light speed.

You really need to watch less movies. Speed is incredibly relative, so a certain speed wont trigger anything, let alone a black hole. Holes in time the way they are caused will not let you travel anywhere you want, but will stretch you into strips of pure energy. Also, nanotechnological fuel...

I suggest you read into relativity if you're interested.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
Originally Posted by Meamme0 View Post
You really need to watch less movies. Speed is incredibly relative, so a certain speed wont trigger anything, let alone a black hole. Holes in time the way they are caused will not let you travel anywhere you want, but will stretch you into strips of pure energy. Also, nanotechnological fuel...

I suggest you read into relativity if you're interested.

Hmm. I agree. I don't believe that any of these changes will happen either. But I do believe that goin back in time and changing one thing can and will change the future. Yes. The butterfly effect.
M theory technically allows things that would have been considered paradox. And yes, by current theoretical physics it is theoretically possible to travel back in time.

/thread

Closed because 13 yearolds discussing theoretical physics = no
Last edited by m0o; Jan 21, 2011 at 07:51 PM.