Toribash
Iapetus is actually the Death Star.

User warned for this post~ Hyde
Last edited by Hyde; Jan 8, 2011 at 04:12 AM.
Sure, it's possible. Just not very. I mean, that would mean crystallization on a mass scale (a lunar scale), then a spherical piece breaking off of whatever planet provided the pressure for such a geode, (hence the root, geo, there isn't really any other way for those to come into existence) then coming into orbit or colliding with Earth or whatever. The most likely scenario is that it is just the remains from some impact explosion, or a small planetoid that collided with earth and rebounded into orbit.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by jxc1013 View Post
Sure, it's possible. Just not very.

Like life?
If it turns out the moon is actually a geode... well then we might just be the luckiest, wackiest galaxy in the universe :P
And yes i'm still with the rational theory of the moon being made of dislodged earth chunks. It's just fun to discuss "what if" scenarios.
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
...If it was a battle station, why haven't they made their move? Are they waiting for us to get so technologically advanced that it will be a fair fight?...

If aliens ever decided to invade earth, I assure you it would not be a fair fight, It would be something along the lines of ducks Vs. nuclear weapons. Humans being ducks. We'd be incredibly outmatched.

But something more on topic:
I do not think it's hollow, heres why:
1. It most likely would have collapsed upon itself, due to the vacuum of space.
2. It would float either, into the earth, or away from the earth. due to the mass of it being changed, therefore changing the orbit.
I am a magnificent volcano.
Well if they think that our moon is a space station then what about other moons like jupiters moons?
I'd like to a famous youtuber. =3
You like COD? --- >MONTAGE<
anything is always possible, But who would actually want to hollow out the moon?

Scientists are just looking for stuff to debate/talk about in my opinion.
OLDA | Fr3styL | RL | T3AL
R.I.P [Pure] 356 Threads, 19,000 Posts.
Probably. Someone already mentioned the idea "Why can't it just be a regular moon?"

Maybe we just want shit to discuss.
Thanks.
In soviet russia, space station discovers you.
I'm sorry, this thread needed that so badly.

Anyways, why even start a debate about this? There is a logical explanation and the thread has moved to entirely hypothetical areas.

I'd wait until I see more evidence of the conclusion that all of our moons are the start of an alien interaction or war before firmly choosing a stance anyways.

Also hyde, amusing how you so tenaciously patrol the discussion board for ridiculous threads, felling them left and right, and then post strange alien conspiracy theories backed up purely by the discovery of metal on the moon. And you expect me to take it seriously.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
In soviet russia, space station discovers you.
I'm sorry, this thread needed that so badly.

Anyways, why even start a debate about this? There is a logical explanation and the thread has moved to entirely hypothetical areas.

I'd wait until I see more evidence of the conclusion that all of our moons are the start of an alien interaction or war before firmly choosing a stance anyways.

Also hyde, amusing how you so tenaciously patrol the discussion board for ridiculous threads, felling them left and right, and then post strange alien conspiracy theories backed up purely by the discovery of metal on the moon. And you expect me to take it seriously.

It leaves a field open for discussion. As ridiculous as it sounds, they have some evidence to support these claims. Its usually highly controversial topics like this that get discussion flowing. Tell you what, i'll make it a discussion a bit more interesting in a couple hours and bring in a new idea to stimulate discussion.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
It definitely sounds plausible in my opinion but why have they been chillin up there for so long?
If it was a battlestation, why haven't they made their move? Are they waiting for us to get so technologically advanced that it will be a fair fight?

If they're merely there to watch over us, why the shit are they watching us? Earth can't be that great to watch from that distance.

Simple. Because there is no-one on the moon.

Seriously, how can people actually consider something like this?

This is merely a by-product of a deeply patriotic science. "Hey, the US this, the US that, no-one ever talks about us!" "I know! Let's make up a lie!" "Huzzah!!"

On a more serious note, if the moon was hollow, there would be a deep, deep problem, since there's no core, and since there's no core, there would be a decrease in the Moon's mass (note that I said mass, not volume) and that the tides would be less affected, as well as a change in the orbit.

And to think about it, the moon was created either by the sun or the earth. There are two possible origins of the moon:
- An asteroid crashed into the Earth while this one was in it's primordial ages.
- An asteroid crashed into the sun, releasing strings of matter which... bah, it's four in the morning, you can figure out the rest.

So, consider this deeply before you actually consider bullcrap like this plausible.