Toribash
Original Post
A new Replay Maker approaches [Jaxonia]
Hello Replay Makers!

Today I decided I would learn to do something I have always loved and wanted to do forever. Replay making. I have a replay made, which is my first replay. Some practice if you will. I am looking for some critiquing and helpful hints. It's been a goal of mine to make replays, and now I have started. Hate comments are allowed, but if they are not helpful, such as simply saying 'I'm shit,' I will simply ask you to leave my thread
Attached Files
RM Practice 1.rpl (103.8 KB, 55 views)
Last edited by Jaxon; Mar 2, 2015 at 02:50 AM.
the opener had a lot of potential but for the most part it was very sloppy and not fluid try getting closer to uke b4 dismembering him
Trying
Wow! New replay makers! Always fun : 3

The replay was kinda slow, and the hits were a little off center. When you go to kick or punch, move into it. I made a demonstration to give.

Looks like all you need to work on is precision, speed and fluidity!
Attached Files
Demonstration.rpl (133.8 KB, 23 views)
Also known as CombatBot
Originally Posted by SruX View Post
the opener had a lot of potential but for the most part it was very sloppy and not fluid try getting closer to uke b4 dismembering him

Alrighty. I'll work with this replay and try something else.

Originally Posted by Bloomedia View Post
Work on your speed and balance more, Dming isnt an issue AS OF NOW.
I expect gr8 things from you, sir.

You have more faith in me then I do. This is good.
I'm just gamin' man
yeah, practice what CombatBot said. you need some fluidity in it. but good overall.
N I C E
Originally Posted by tully3 View Post
yeah, practice what CombatBot said. you need some fluidity in it. but good overall.

You don't even make replays :<

Anyways, I worked a bit on my speed here in this next replay. It's a simple split kick. I'll work on some combos tommorow. I'm done for tonight. I think I'll go play some quick TK to help.

Here ya go

l
l
l
v

Edit: Took your advice combat. This helps me a great deal. I edited my first replay and here is what I got using your tip. Its nothing special, just a kick resembling yours.
Attached Files
Fast Split Kick.rpl (85.7 KB, 34 views)
Edited RM Practice 1.rpl (87.9 KB, 20 views)
Last edited by Jaxon; Feb 21, 2015 at 06:31 AM.
I'm just gamin' man
Originally Posted by CombatBot View Post
Dayum! Those we're actually really good! Keep it up

Thanks man. I'll be working on it most of this weekend.
I'm just gamin' man
you're replay are pretty good for someone that is just starting, but I recommend you look at other replays from outstanding replay makers (largekilla - swexx) and try to incorporate what makes their replays so good. You want to avoid being stiff and it will look a lot better.