Toribash
Original Post
[REL] Realistic Judo Mod
Welcome to your newest real judo mod, the iver_judo.tbm !

This mod was made to be the most similar to IRL judo as possible.
You'll find many peculiarities:
Gravity was made to give you safety when you're throwing or trying to save your ass, grabbing was thought to avoid some of toribash grab glitches and give you more tools to make your gaming a bit more interesting, points seems scarce and enough at the same time, turnframes can be your savior or your doom, DQs have a completely different systematic and you'll figure out that fracs can determine win or victory.
Too much for today? lol please calm down, it's not that hard to learn, if you don't know shit about IRL judo, read the quick guide below, it's easy.

OtherImages&GameRules

Quick guide of how-to-play iver_judo.tbm::

Mod is already uploaded and ready to play, have fun!!
Attached Files
iver_judo.tbm (13.7 KB, 111 views)
Last edited by iver; Aug 19, 2015 at 09:15 PM.
Now what would Judo be if you didn't spontaneously explode when you are grabbed? Sounds like a bad time to me.
Hmm since i'm a legend in this mod i would like to try it out, but judo without random parts or joints flying around isn't the same.
God this is amazing... Is what I say before trying it out.

Gonna get going, hope it gets into competetive!

Edit: Tripodding is the new shovel.
Last edited by Swepples; Aug 26, 2015 at 02:06 PM.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
Hmm since i'm a legend in this mod i would like to try it out, but judo without random parts or joints flying around isn't the same.

No. No. No. No. No.

Judo in real life is done without any striking, jiu jitsu is almost pure striking with aikido being the middle ground between the two.

This is not based upon toribash judo, it is based on judo in the real world. And it does a very good job at representing it might I add.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by meow View Post
No. No. No. No. No.

Judo in real life is done without any striking, jiu jitsu is almost pure striking with aikido being the middle ground between the two.

This is not based upon toribash judo, it is based on judo in the real world. And it does a very good job at representing it might I add.

Wtf? Jiu jitsu is not striking. Its grappling but focused on ground fighting. Where judo is more focused on takedowns. They both emphasize chokes and joint locks.

And real world aikido is as useful as tai chi.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Sorry I meant Karate I have absolutely no idea why Ju-Jitsu came out.

Aikido is often criticised for not having real world applications but fitness is fitness
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu