Toribash
Original Post
Bodhisattva's Chess Tournament - Volume 1 [FINALS]
Hey everyone! Want to play some Chess?

Cool me too! Listen, I'm going to level with you, I'm not sure what the best format for a chess tournament online could be. So Volume 1, may not be the best tournament ever. This is a little trial and error. But with that said, this is a Chess tournament being held by me. And even better: first one is on me, there is no entry fee!

Rules?

1) You must have a Chess.com account. This is imperative as it'll allow for each use of time controls AND it will help me spot any nefarious behavior.

2) Each round will consist of a certain amount of matches with different time controls. Time controls this first tournament will use will be 1 minute, 5 minutes with 2 second interval, and 10 minute games. The finals may include a 30 minute game.

3) Each player will randomly be designated their starting color. Because there will be an odd number of games, a player will be white more times than his opponent each round. To off set this, the player with less white games will get to choose which games (including time control) they will get to play as white. That is to say if there's 5 games, 3 1 minute games, 1 5|2 game, and 1 10 minute game on round one, one player will get 3 games as white, and the other will choose whether or not he wants his 2 games as white on specific time controls, or split, etc. It is your responsibility to sort out who is white and black.

4) No cheating will be allowed. Violating fair play rules by either consulting other players during your game, using any sort of engine, or opening book, will be punishable not only in this event, but potentially with an actual ban.

5) ALL GAMES MUST BE RECORDED. YOU WILL NOT BE SCORED IF YOUR GAME IS NOT RECORDED. NO EXCEPTIONS EVER PERIOD. To record a game, simply type "download PGA", and you'll be given a small notefile. I'll need the PGA's of every game played and posted in spoiler form here after you're ready to announce a result.

6) You fucking need to have fun. Chess is fun.

Prizes?

I'll start the first tournament off nice and easy. No entry fees. 75k for first, 25k for second, and potential miscellaneous brilliancies prizes may be awarded to players who came up with interesting and or enjoyable moves/plays.

Deadline

Deadline to sign up will be May 17th. You have by then to post here, post your approximate level of strength, and acclimate yourself with Chess.com. If you have any questions you can post them here or PM. You'll need to post your Chess.com account information on here for easier look up. While Chess strength may be kept in mind in initial pairings, this is an open tournament. If we have enough people, in the future, I can segregate the tournament into weaker and stronger divisions where weak players play weak players for prizes, and strong for stronger.

Current Competitors

The Players!

How to Set-Up a Game:
1) Find each other online on the forums to schedule a time to meet on Chess.com
2) When on Chess.com, go to Play -> Live Chess
3) Hit Play Friend
4) Select STANDARD, Time can be either a set interval or CUSTOM (Custom for 5|2 OK), rating UNRATED, and choose your color appropriately.
5) Play. When the game is done, hit download PGN and save the game. Post the game PGN so I can view the game for fair play later. A sample PGN will look like this:

Game 1

6) Post result here. Wins are 1 point, Loses are 0, draws are 0.5 points each.

Best of luck

Finals Will be:
(1) 1 minute game
(3) 5|2 games (5 minute, two second increment)
(3) 10 minute game
(2) 30 minute game
For a best of 7 series.
Round ends: Monday, June 19th
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Jun 12, 2017 at 05:34 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Okay well Singh me up Bodhies, I'll try it, thought I would prefer it to not be a blitz game, blitz is so bad too easy to mess up, more fun to have normal speeds. I will try it though. Sign me up. ^_^
I'd enjoy blitz because i dont take my time as is lol

sign me up
My aunt has 2 great big personalities (boobies), and i love playing with them all night long
Please post your Chess.com accounts to sign up.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I will make one when I get home and post it on here, I used to have one, but I forgot it. Will have to figure it out when I get home.
Apparently I already had an account at chess.com

My username is nuggettheunbreakable, sign me up
IDK what my skill level is, but I'll say intermediate
Last edited by ymir; May 10, 2017 at 06:43 PM.
ナゲット
Nugget how would you forget if you made an account on something. Tehehehe. Well done man. How much chess do you play though? ;-;
Chess username is Woeb
My aunt has 2 great big personalities (boobies), and i love playing with them all night long