ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Building a computer.
What are the basics I need to know? The money isn't a problem, but those confusing motherboards with that E8X-55DfW-692D (example). Whats a good motherboard that will suit a average gamer for about 5 years?
No mobo ever made will last a gamer 5 years.
It will last 5 years, but at max it will last a gamer 2 years, if that.

I suggest just getting a full computer, and if money isnt a problem then go nuts.

if money aint a problem, then why would you bother build it yourself, unless you want massive customisation.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
6400$ for a computer? the fuck.

im pretty sure money is not an issue means that he doesn't care if he spends 1-2k.. but spending 6400$ on a decent computer.. thats some kinda insane there.

Building your own computer is the way to go, i'd suggest finding someone that knows more than you, and have them pick some parts that go together, shouldn't be too hard to set it up yourself eh?

[T]
#hi

my computer cost 3k, and it was built by someone i know so the prices were lower, plus he buys in bulk, so that further decreases prices.

if someone says that money aint an issue, i assume they mean they have like 10k. =\

in any case, this one is just 3.5k, so that should be ok.

Also, i noticed that you italicised the "decent". You dont hear the computer?

"Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 (3ghz)
4GB—2 2GB DDR3 modules
3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280s in SLI
2 650W power supplies
1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
Samsung DVD burner
Vista Home Premium 64-bit
1-year standard warranty"

Plus uber cooling, neons, the tank etc. Most stuff can be OC'd by a lot due to the cooling aswell.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
You should just get someone to help you. You need a PCI Express slot and a few RAM Slots for a basic gaming computer. If you want to be really high tech you should really get someone who knows there things to help you out.

You should know what RAM is and a basic knowledge of graphics cards. You need to know how much space you need. Get some expert advice. Also there is this really helpful member named jay. If you catch him on Irc he would be glad to help you out.
[12:04] <@Jarmund> the only thing that could make it even clearer that he didn't have a woman, would be if he played WoW
[21:20] <blkk> what does fap mean?
OK Here is a config,I suggest is a powerful gaming rig...

Processor:Core 2 Quad Q9550(2.83 Ghz) (350$)
Motherbosrd:Asus P5Q-E (200$)
RAM:1x4GB DDR2 800 (80-100$)
Graphics Card:ZOTAX GTX 280(Usies nvidia card zotax is the coling solution) (600$)
HDD:Seagate 500GBx2 (120$)
Monitor:LG 246Wp (24" widescreen) (480$)
Cabinet+PSU:CM 690 + Corsair TX 750 (200$)

This config will cost you about 2000-2100 US$(approx)

You can add more RAM to increase the performance like an additional 4GB stick for about 80US$.

EDIT: You can choose a DDR3 RAM but it is way to pricey now.In a few months it will become shit cheap tough.

Also another motherboard suggestion: ASUS Striker 2 NSE(400-450$)

PS: Do consult some technician also.
Last edited by AKP; Jan 22, 2009 at 09:20 AM.
KONY 2012
Hmm, when I did say money isn't a problem I wasn't expecting over 5k, because I did say "Average" ^^

I have Ram, I have a dvd disk burner, pretty much I just want a recommended motherboard/processor/graphic card which will go really well together. I recently bought a Nvidia 9800 GT, but I couldn't use it and had to return it because my motherboard was AGV or something

Well, I can build a computer because I built mine (my friends friend's dad happened to be an importer of computer parts so he just gave me parts he had left over)