Ranking
Original Post
Market Bots
I see market bots aren't allowed in the toribash rules, but is this being enforced?

I get quite annoyed when I'm trying to sell my items on the market, but whenever I put something up I instantly have insanity's market bot place it 100tc lower ect.

I don't know why he's being allowed to use one, but they're quite unfair and ruin people's chances of selling an item who update the prices manually.
We don't actively run tests to check for these sorts of things and so we can only investigate into stuff like that when people notify us.
A good way to go about it is to - when you think some botty behavior is going on:
-Make a note of what happened
-If you want to - try to recreate it (Only do this if you are willing to possibly sell the items that you test with. It is the market after all. Just be on the lookout for repeated suspicious behavior when uploading large quantities of items for example as that way you won't have to go out of your way and you'll be able to run lots of tests.)
-Try to get additional proof if a detailed recount of what happened (along with steps to recreate the behavior if you've noticed any patterns) will not be sufficient.
-Send your report to a mod and we'll get onto it as soon as we can.
I don't have a market bot...i don't even know how do you think this supposed market bot would work...
I've see market bot but it was just updating a user's items all the time in the market at the price they put them...
Imo it would be very challenging to make such a bot that lowers prices of items. You would have to write a very complicated code ( not that i know anything about coding and such). This code should know when to stop so you wou'den't loose tc. As solax said it sould use a pattern, like u said lowering with 100 tc for example, or 1 tc. I lower my prices with whatever ammont i find easyer to type, usually 1, 5, 10, or 100 or 500 in higher priced items... This bot should know what is safe or not for every item u have on the market. Also u have to imput every item in toribash into the code...i think it's pretty complicated imo...if only i would know coding stuff like that.
U have to stop beeing gelous and admit i rule the makret...not yet but in one month i will...when i will have 1 million or more in items. I am just very good at this...nothing i can about it...should i stop updating my prices so u get a chance of selling yours...i don't think so...Just deal with it or use the forums if u don't want to price war with me. Easy as that swaves...and stop beeing jelly and telling everybody i have a market bot. Also i am very active from PC and mobile Phone...Jelly Swaves
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
As far as I know market bots are allowed. There is even API:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=444661

which makes stuff easier.

Personally I have market bot which is pretty much done, but it needs shitloads of polishing and inserting data into database manually to make it perfect, so I pretty much left it for now. Going to end it when I feel like it. I didn't use it yet tho, for now it only downloads data, it doesn't change prices / insert anything into market (coz reasons- it needs to be finished before I risk my ToriCredits and items).

Also I think it is perfectly fair to use market bots- if some people have time to change prices manually it is their choice, I prefer to spend that much time to write a bot and make it work for me. They can use (waste?) free time I don't have, why wouldn't I use skills they don't have?
Last edited by Thrandir; Jul 24, 2014 at 10:23 PM.
Originally Posted by ChristConscious View Post
What is a market bot?

It's a script that is run that allows the person who is the running the market bot to sell items on the market. Basically. It'll buy items off the market at a certain rate (As in, it'll buy it 50% under the market price) and then resell them for higher. And all of that profit is collected. It's a neat way to make TC.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Don't bump old threads next time please.
R.I.P. [Sigma] and (team waifu)