Toribash
I was just thinking, what if the if the last year got amazing grades, so they rose up the boundaries but the year about to take this 'new' test weren't as clever as the last year. They have a harder test and are faced with a test more challenging than a year smarter than them. This is what I am thinking would be unfair.

This is probably more complicated than that because I don't know too much about what the Goverment does with our tests to make them...fair. But this is my point of view as I am going into my GCSE's. I have a test next year and more upcoming the following year.
blue
pink
Kradel, they assign the grade boundaries based on the results for that year. So if you do have a hard exam, you don't have to do as well on it to get good grades. Difficulty of the exam from year to year has next to no effect on what grade you get. The only way that previous year's results are used is to work out what percentage of students are expected to get what grades.
I think I was lucky as when I was doing my GCSE English and Literature I didn't have enough creativity to write/describe a setting but if I was to read through a booklet and pick out key information I was extremely good at it. Luckily enough I got a paper on sharks which I had to pick information out of, little did they know I research a lot about sharks and I honestly found the paper quite interesting and it carried me to a C (got close to full marks but I got half marks on my written assessment - letter writing) although I can use punctuation properly and could use slightly better vocabulary than most others in my class I dropped behind because I was being taught some shite that I would never use later on in life.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
In my school, they give us a lot of questions. Each question has different points, so a harder question would be worth 5 points while easy questions ( For example Yes/No questions ) would worth 2 points. Then you need to pass a minimum amount of points to past the test.
Bringer of Hell
Its the same here, some questions are higher and some are lower, but in the end, you will still have to get them ALL to get the highest grade. Even if you aced all the difficult questions.
blue
pink