Toribash
Original Post
[REL][POC] Medieval parkour with working button and swinging tori
Hey everyone,

I will most probably add it to my mod pack page, but I decided it deserved a thread by itself as I worked quite hard on it, and because of what I believe to be new gameplay elements (I've really never seen them anywhere else). (If the admins decide it isn't worth its on thread, Ill remove it.)

So this new mod is medieval_escape_final.tbm, a medieval parkour map with working button and an automated swinging tori !

Screenshots

Here's a replay (Might only work with the earlier version: medieval_escape_3.tbm, tho)
It kinda shows you how the map runs. (Bare in mind I am far for being the greatest at parkour)
(If you have a problem with the replay, load the map (Med_esc_3 or _final work) on your modmaker, then close modmaker and launch the replay, it will work)

-

Here are direct links with screenshots to my pocs :

(Im adding it in here if someone's interested and didn't look through the comments)

POC : Button, Tori, and (NEW) Pressure plate !

Hope you enjoy it !
Attached Files
medieval_escape_final.tbm (28.7 KB, 89 views)
Last edited by DashSora; Feb 2, 2016 at 03:45 AM.
This looks absolutely amazing. Great job man
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Wow! This is pretty sick! The gate activated by a button is brilliant, and love the guard there.

Good job, keep it up.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Thank you everyone !

If you're interested in playing around with/using the guard, here's one of my earlier wip with just him.

If you'd like to see the inner workings of the button gate, here's a mod that shows the inner working of it. While it's extremely straight forward, I did run into a problem because the gate would push on the cube it's resting on, releasing it before the end, so if you want to make a button on your own, you'll have to tweak the weight of the gate, and how far the below cube reaches.
Nice, i like it very much. Guard and button were great ideas!

But dont you think the ocean is bit empty?
Otherwise well done!

Heres replay!
Attached Files
escape!.rpl (1.49 MB, 20 views)
Originally Posted by joon4sP View Post
Nice, i like it very much. Guard and button were great ideas!

But dont you think the ocean is bit empty?
Otherwise well done!

Heres replay!

Hey dude pretty nice replay !

And yes, I agree, the mod overall is missing a lot of props (rocks, crates, stuff in the ocean) but I reached the item limit :l the tori and the door take by themselves like half of them...

If you have any idea of a change, you can always tell me, and I'll consider it !
Originally Posted by DashSora View Post
Hey dude pretty nice replay !

And yes, I agree, the mod overall is missing a lot of props (rocks, crates, stuff in the ocean) but I reached the item limit :l the tori and the door take by themselves like half of them...

If you have any idea of a change, you can always tell me, and I'll consider it !

Thanks! But i dont have any idea what should you take off, Sorry. And one more time, looks nice
Added to the main thread the direct links and screenshots to the guard and the button mod.

Also added a brand new pressure plate mod that'll show you its inner workings !

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about these.