Toribash
Original Post
NABAN-COMP
Hello! I don’t like posting my mods to the forums anymore so you might not have heard of me but i am HezK! I have released 8 pages of mods and made many more! I usually make competitive-meme-ey hybrid mods but im also part of modsquad so i dabble in most things now.
I might turn this into a mod thread but what i really want to show off right now is naban!

Naban.tbm is a grappling mod based around twisting, turning and throwing your opponent to the floor. It has heavily modded toris but the controls and joint rotations are the same. Its an extremely competitive mod but it works very well for casual play! Im gonna list of the features i remember right now (it has so many i cant remember them all)

A floor object that lies between the dojo and floor. It allows for instant dq on head elbows and knees while maintaining a working dqtimeout feature. (and points for hitting the floor!) its also virtually impossible to move.

Heavily modded toris that use thrust to allow players to lean in a more deliberate motion rather than a gradual tilt like with standard. (press ctrl g! Its technically 0 grav since i used thrust!) this also helps establish a meta for using the velocity of other players.

A more human tori shape imo. I used the neck to give the player a little hunch that i thought looked nice. The necks dont float anymore!

In my experience lifts are extremely difficult to initiate. (in my hours of testing i have seen few actually do one. I believe this is because it gives you much more potential speed that you can harness) I do have an issue with knee extension but i expect to be able to sort that out eventually.

The point system is actually good and dq timeout allows for punishment when a player just narrowly escapes dq.

The outside dojo uses dqtimeout to discourage standing outside the area rather than an immediate loss. Although it is extremely disadvantageous to be near the dq line unless you can harness your opponents speed.

CURRENT NABAN
EXPERIMENTAL VERSION BELOW

probably worse

Last edited by Hezk; May 25, 2018 at 06:01 PM.
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU