Ranking
Original Post
[EN/BR] Your Password is [X] Days Old: An Explanation
Recently we decided it was within the best interest of all players to reset everyone's password. Due to a recent situation that's developed (as I'm sure you can tell by checking the ban list), we've made it so that all players are to change their password and if they would like, their email address as well.

I strongly urge you to take this opportunity to change your password to something different than before to avoid any situation where your account is compromised.

This is a known "error", the entire Toribash staff is working to make this a non-issue moving forward; however, with the copious amount of posts and messages in #support and #toribash despite our announcements, I'm sticking this thread here to address the issue.

Any questions you may have about the situation can be posted here. I only ask that staff members are the ones to provide answers. We will not conclusively talk about the situation, who is the direct cause of the problem and to what depth it involves at obviously that information needs to be kept private. We're here to help with your individual problems that have arose from this.

Brazilian Translation by Time

French Translation by Vinyl

Last edited by royal; Sep 18, 2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added French Translation
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
if i get hacked, and i get myself compromised, how will i get myself unbanned later?

and will i get unbanned?
bye
Originally Posted by dankator View Post
if i get hacked, and i get myself compromised, how will i get myself unbanned later?

and will i get unbanned?

We have ways of working with you in #support of IRC and ban appeals to know that your account was compromised and you'll be unbanned. That being said: do yourself the favor and simply change your password.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Kwing714 View Post
So uh. Every once in a while we will have to change our password?

This may be the last time you have to do it for quite sometime, but we can't know for sure yet. The situation is dynamic and as it changes we are doing our best to keep you all informed.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Kwing714 View Post
So, when this problem happens again, we have to be forced to change our password again?

Yes. That would be the current plan.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
How do you know when accounts are compromised?
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
How do you know when accounts are compromised?

I'm assuming you're asking how do we, the staff, know when to ban an account for it being compromised. Generally speaking there ways (some easier than others) where it becomes evident an account has been stolen.

I can't get into specifics with you as I'd hate to release private information about our powers as smods/admins, etc. but just know we use many different technical tools along with the easy and available conventions that normal have access to (like transaction history). If at any point something looks suspicious, usually it's reported by the user who's account is stolen or from a deal gone bad (scamming), we permanently ban an account and launch an investigation.

Example: "Hey, I just paid $50 for TC from Taco, and Taco isn't giving me TC.", we then go look up Taco and we have "reasons to assume someone else logged in as Taco", we can permanently ban Taco's account, launch an investigation, and see if we can get ahold of the real taco. Then we do our best to of course address the scam executed while the account was compromised.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
um since I changed my password I cant go on multiplayer it will say login which I do then nothing happens or it will say not connected even though my internet is fine halp would be appreciated