ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[TA] | [Player Profiles] | Outdated
Thanks to Stazis for creating our awesome new logo

*At the moment we are only testing player profiles.
Welcome to Team Aikido! For the time being we are asking that all new applicants and existing members create a player profile. Upon posting your profile you will become a member of Team Aikido and in the future we hope that you update your profile to help track your progress.

Why so easy you ask? Team Aikido is not a competitive org. We want to expand and share aikido tactics for the whole community and by rejecting people who really want to contribute we are only limiting our goal.

Requirements to Join [TA]:

- You have at least a black belt (1st dan) so that you can execute basic techniques.

- No shoveling or liftkicks in any replays these are forbidden techniques.

- aikido7 is the best pro aikido mod ever
(c) snake

- Post a Player Profile and keep it updated.

- Post at least 1 Hip Throw Replay in [Replays]. (Optional. More info below)

Only 1 Profile allowed for each member and they MUST follow this format:

Copy & Paste code:
[B]Name:[/B] (Your name)
[B]Belt:[/B] (The belt that you joined TA with)
[B]GMT:[/B]
[B]Preferred Aikido Mod:[/B] (aikido/aikidobigdojo/greykido/etc)
[B]Aikido Play-style:[/B] (Details of how you play aikido)
[B]Replay Description:[/B](Details of at least one attached replay)
[B][X][/B] I promise to be an active member of [TA] and will read the rules of each thread before posting.

Please attach at least one replay but no more than six that demonstrate your play style. Feel free at anytime to update your play style description and replays.

New Members: The last thing that we ask is to review the Hip Throw Tutorial in the [Knowledge Base] and practice some throws on Uke in aikido.tbm. Try to make it unique and then post your best example in [Replay Thread]. This demonstrates your ability to learn and execute an advanced technique and hopefully you can use it successfully in multiplayer.

Also behave yourselves. Just because this is now an open organisation that doesn't mean we can't exclude anyone for being annoying or disrespectful. If you're looking to join [TA] just to have your name on a list then this is not the place for you.
Good luck and welcome to Team Aikido.

Oh here's our armband made by Zwift. Wear it with honor.

Left

Right

Last edited by footlox; Mar 6, 2016 at 05:33 PM. Reason: had to make people aware of aikido7
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Name: Aquita

Belt: 7th Dan Black Belt

GMT: EST (-5)

Preferred Aikido Mod: aikidobigdojo.tbm

Aikido Play-style: My style is very grappling focused mixed with opportunistic striking like MMA. I always go for the legs when I can and when I can't I am looking to set up a footsweep attack or hip throw. If I find myself on the defensive I usually drop to the floor and secure a closed guard and then look to counter with a ground sweep. If I find an opening to strike my opponent's head or torso usually I draw back and then strike with an elbow or hook punch.
I have also developed strong counters to common openers like shovels and snapkicks using a thai kick check.
I would say my best techniques are my leg picks and sweeps.
My weaknesses are grappling with hand-to-hand grips. I'm not very good at full throws or suplexes.

Replay Description: wrestling - single slam: I start off shooting a very low leg pick. My oppoent makes the smart choice of jumping back but is not fast enough. After catching his leg i am based on the toes of one foot and i use my other leg to counter balance while I am just barely floating above the floor. Lowering both shoulders allows me to get back up. With both feet planted I lift my opponent up and backwards. And not so gently I put him back down for the DQ.

muay thai - leg check (3): I recognize my opponent throwing a low leg kick so i block using a kick check. With my opponent off balance I throw at that blocking leg and sweep my opponent. As he falls I down I drop my base so pressure the DQ.
Attached Files
wrestling - single slam.rpl (65.8 KB, 12 views)
muay thai - leg check (3).rpl (38.8 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jan 18, 2016 at 02:39 PM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Name: Tantoehard

Belt: I joined TA when I had my 8th dan

GMT: 2+ Amsterdam timezone

Preferred Aikido Mod: Aikido, but getting more fond of aikido big dojo recently.

Aikido Play-style: I always start with my usual clap that some of you might have seen me use ingame, I find this starter to work the best for me in almost every situation. I always try to use my opponent's momentum against them to get their grip of the ground, and from there I usually try to pin them on their back or lock their elbows onto the ground. When it comes to countering certain attacks, forsay kicks I either try to dodge and then use the momentum they created in their kick to do what I just explained. And when that isn't possible, I try to incasate the blow as gentle as possible. And against grappling moves I tend to keep my opponent out of positions where they can take me out, I am a lot less good at that in all honesty.

So yea, it is rather clear that I am a grapple player. The only move I am currently working on to master til a certain degree to be used ingame is the scissor sweep kick Aquita wrote a tutorial about, simply because it looks good.

One Replay Description: I made a random example against someone ingame to describe, will probably replace this with a better move or something.

I started the move out with a clap and contracted knees, trying to get low as fast as possible so I could get my foot properly aligned with my opponent' leg from low enough while locking his other leg within my armpit, keeping that arm low at all times to make my opponent's arm less useful. Using my other arm to turn him over my leg causing him to lose his grip on the ground and fall over.
Attached Files
replay example .rpl (38.6 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by tantoehard; Dec 1, 2015 at 08:23 AM.
Nothing is as beautiful as mediocricy
Name: RedPanda

Belt: 8th Dan Black Belt

GMT: GMT 0

Preferred Aikido Mod: practically all except aikido.tbm

Aikido Play-Style: I don't really have one. I guess I'm more of a grappler but I like to make things up as I go along such as suplex/ lift, kicks, strikes etc.
it's kind of hard to predict someone when they're about as spontaneous as amy winehouse during her crack addiction

One Replay Description: I get lifted, lower both my shoulders and adjust my pecs enough to plant my feet into the ground.
I also get enough backward momentum as well as a good enough angle to do a suplex/ turnover type hybrid.
I don't know why I like it so much I guess it's because it was during a pretty great time with my fam kookoo

not sure if achievement thing is necessary
Attached Files
Last edited by RedPanda; Dec 1, 2015 at 04:24 AM.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Name: Monkeyishi

Belt: Master

GMT: +10

Preferred Aikido Mod: any

Aikido Play-style:
In an ideal game i work from a modified noob clap. i want a neck grab and an inside grab. With these grips i use a knee aimed at the side turning towards me. The knee is mostly for points and maybe an opportunistic frac. i can go for a foot sweep or step around for a throw. i make use of grab tricks to pin arms, save and generally disrupt your ghost.
i enjoy trying to copy moves i see on youtube.
i have issues dealing with strong snap kicks off my base opener and my strikes generally don't dm but i'm slowly getting more consistent and with throwing strikes that frac.

One Replay Description: i secure a grab one the left hand and head. i space him out to avoid the left hand getting near my legs and throw a left knee. the knee is slipped behind and i go for a leg sweep and miss. continuing the rotation i trap him with a right knee and ungrab the head to get an arm free to save. i pull his arms foward to make saving harder and he dqs out of the ring.
Attached Files
akido nicesafsdxcv.rpl (57.5 KB, 8 views)
Name: lamby816

Belt: 10th dan black belt

GMT: GMT 0

Preferred Aikido Mod: Any but I like rb_greykido.tbm the best

Aikido Play-style: My aikido play style is mainly grappling but I can also mix in a few strikes if needed and some knees when I can I try and go in for a suplex or try and get an elbow lock to distract my opponent.
Because I mainly use the noob clap opener I have came up with a snap kick counter which I use to dodge the kick and then I can go from there. T o counter a lift I will go for a knee or i'll lower my body back down to the ground.
My weakness is when I try to do a throw because I can become unbalanced easily which makes me easy to takedown.

Replay Description: In my "22340" replay i start of with an upper cut but my opponent grabs my elbow so i try and get a face stomp, but my foot gets grabbed so i try to press dm him but it fails so i go under him and i get closer to the edge of the ring then turn him over me and plant his knee down.
Attached Files
22430.rpl (82.6 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by footlox; Dec 7, 2015 at 06:17 PM.
[Parrot], [Alpha], [Parrot], [WAPOW]
[NOoT], [TL] and [TA]
Clan League 2016 2nd place holder.
Clan League 2017 1st place holder.
Name: Darkexxod

Belt: 7th Dan

GMT: -5

Preferred Aikido Mod: aikidobigdojo, akido7

Aikido Play-style: I usually go for judo moves but if I'm bored I usually turn to a striking playstyle, to counter I usually try to move so that my opponent gets in the worst possible position after I counter.
One Replay Description: Well this ones a little old, I didn't want to use and judo replays, so I picked this one where me and my opponent take turns almost flipping eachother out of the ring in abd
Attached Files
flippy.rpl (85.8 KB, 6 views)
Name: Frosted789

Belt: 2nd Dan Black Belt

GMT: GMT-5

Preferred Aikido Mod: My most preferred Aikido-based mod would be Aikido Big Dojo. I do like to play a lot of Greykido type mods and the occasional Aikido 7 which I would like to play more of.

Aikido Play-style: I play a universal style of Aikido. I start off with a grappling opener, mixed with a kick to gain control and knock my opponent off balance. After that I try for throws, lifts, hip tosses etc. I throw in some strikes along the way, but don't do so as much as I should which would be my weakness, points.

One Replay Description: I start with a grappling opener and turning it into a knee. Once I drop lower to the ground I flip my raised shoulders and contracted elbows down. This throws my opponent over my head and onto his own.
Attached Files
#Frosted - Suplex.rpl (46.2 KB, 4 views)
[Enter signature here]
Name: Zwift

Belt: 10th Dan

GMT: -8

Preferred Aikido Mod: aikido7, or greykido

Aikido Play-style: My playstyle consists of a mixture between offensive/defensive style. Depends on how the opponent plays. For example, if there is an opponent who loves snap kicks/lifts, I use a defensive playstyle to counter/block there moves, but find opportunities to execute a throw/sweep. If the opponent is a defensive player, I try playing close range to get them out of their comfort zone, and attempt a move.

One Replay Description: I realize my opponent is getting ready for a strike, so I counter it by using my arms to sort of push him in the air(still keeping my balance). After that, he was still in the air which gave me enough time to execute a fast-paced turnover without them expecting it. This move allowed me to use my opponent's momentum for a quick turnover before almost getting pushed out the ring.
Attached Files
Zwift - Iver - turnover.rpl (44.1 KB, 7 views)
(╭ರᴥ•́)
Name: Whale(Namechange from xzasdeded)

Belt: 3rd Dan Black Belt

GMT: +7

Preferred Aikido Mod: aikidobigdojo and rb_greykido

Aikido Play-style: I adapt to the situation, but mostly i have a defensive play style, i usually start the match by getting down low, so it will be harder for enemies to lift me, if they manages to lift me, i try my hardest to land back to the ground and try throws or whatever to dq them, or, i stay above my enemy and drive them to disqualification, i prefer not to use force so much but to play with my enemy's flow and trying to make them slip to dq, i will only use force to give myself a better position(saving, or a position that will make it harder for the opponent) however, i have recently taken interest in aikido techniques TA has to offer, my favourite is the hip throw, i mostly play to win the match, but if there's an opportunity to perform techniques, i will do it even if i end up losing, and that's a way to learn new stuff, My weakness has always been DMs and points, DMs can disrupt my balance and cripple my ability to save myself and i will be prone to dq-ing, For a defensive player like me, points are a problem because i am often to be in a situation where i kept a good grab on my enemy, but is disadvantageous of points and have no chance on dq-ing in time, and i ends up losing.

throw Replay Description: A hip throw sort of, I was really lucky because the enemy has a very disadvantageous position, of which he shows his back to me and lets my leg slip under his right leg, so i raised my right leg position, lifting him, and angled his body to keep his leg from landing and managed to lock his elbow, so i just kept my position, which ends up driving him to disqualification

ee Replay Description: This replay shows my ability to play defensively and wait to the last moment to win, in this replay, gigaswag has grabbed my leg and lifted me, at first i was figuring out a way to land, but it's impossible since giga had completely flipped me upside down with my leg grabbed, skip a frame and i realized his momentum was too much forward and my right elbow was contracted, so i started to figure out a way to get him ahead of me, so i extended my elbow and contracts my wrist so my hand wouldn't get stiff, results in him getting pulled and lost his footing, dies. Quite a risk actually, since failing to do so can get my extended leg outside the ring.
Attached Files
throw.rpl (44.3 KB, 2 views)
ee.rpl (44.1 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by Whale; Jan 27, 2016 at 12:43 PM.