Ranking
I've had an obsession with F.E.A.R. 2 lately. Only one part got me to be honest though. In the first level (or second I forgot). You go into some room with an indoor pool, and if you turn around, there's Alma standing there and she vanishes after a split-second. The rest isn't that scary (I'm at level 10/16 so far though).

Lemme try to find a vid of the part.

Okay, it's at about 1:35

Last edited by Numbers; Jul 29, 2009 at 06:48 AM.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
Originally Posted by lancer_c View Post
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem...

As your sanity went down (if I recall from getting hit by monsters, or by getting caught in their gaze), you/your character begins to hallucinate and see things differently: Lots of crying and screaming would also occur...

^^ that. Any game where the menu screen will fu*k with you is more than worth a mention here.

Also
Originally Posted by Jalis View Post
Yume Nikki.

I just got that game like 2 days ago. Nothing terribly scary happens, but I feel nervous and uncomfortable (in a good way) when I play it, and Im a 26 year old man. Its just so out there, you cant help but feel uneasy about the world when you play.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3. The fourth was kind of retarded. Don't really like the techincal fighting system they have. I liked it simple. On Silent Hill 2 when I was like 8 or something I was in the Apartment and I was really far. In that different dimension shit. Got lost for awhile, didn't know where to go, but this one room I went in... and it was a small room and there it stood pyramid head doing some creepy shit to some manniquin looking thing then I turned around tried opening the door and it was stuck. I turned around then it cut me almost in half. My heart still beats to this day playing it.

Call Of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth. Running from the mass of ooze through a refinery. I still like this game. I think they should remake this one. Bethesda can do it without Headfirst.
Last edited by T0ribush; Jul 29, 2009 at 08:52 AM.
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
Yeah guys. Y'all need to try the Penumbra series. They're really cheap right now!
Its also an independent game, so support it if you can. They work really hard and they did a really good job.
It has some epic dynamic interactions and physics. And very, very scary moments! They're resurrecting the real spirit of the horror games that actually scare you, not the average commercial shitty horror games you see around.
Specially if you play it during the night (like 2am or something), when everything around you is dark and quiet.

The order of the series:
1 - Penumbra Overture
2 - Penumbra Black Plague
3 - Penumbra Requiem (expansion for Black Plague)

Play it on that order.
Also if you're claustrophobic you'll love the tunnels with those damn tiny fuckers chasing you...

A little preview:

Penumbra Overture:

Penumbra Black Plague:

NOW SHIT BRICKS!

i was watching these vids when my fire alarm went off, scared the shit out of me so bad.

one of the games i liked and it got me at 1 or 2 moments was The Darkness the part where your in hell and when u walk the zombies just flash up infront of you, i was shielding my eyes and moving forward at the same time lol
Masterj05h Shop So cheap id have to be stupid to sell it like this... wait a seco-
Want to join Vampire?
lol

That pnewmbra or whatever was the first actually scary looking video game i've seen in a while!

The only game that ever got me was Dead Space. It had some intense moments!

Fear is incredibly overated... i'm dissapointed with it. I've been playing it and soon as it could actually scare you, the moment is ruined with a totally random fire fight. Although the part in the school scared me pretty badly.

As for resident evil, if that scares you, then you get scared to easily. That game is more of a tense play then scary.
Dead Space is the scariest one I've ever played. I remember when your first fight the regenerating necromorph and he is chasing you through the vents...every little noise that ship made had me freaking out. The fact that they come out of the vents makes you feel so puny and vulnerable because you cant scale the walls. I've heard penumbra is pretty good too, and have been trying to get a hold of it.
Originally Posted by Dirtyrat View Post
Dead Space is the scariest one I've ever played. I remember when your first fight the regenerating necromorph and he is chasing you through the vents...every little noise that ship made had me freaking out. The fact that they come out of the vents makes you feel so puny and vulnerable because you cant scale the walls. I've heard penumbra is pretty good too, and have been trying to get a hold of it.

I played with this guy on tb. I shat lighthouse. He was doing some wierd black magic, and I just dm'd every joint.
;o
hax