Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Thoughts?
Alright so I am looking to either upgrade my current PC, or sell it if I can go through with this buyer.

So I have 2 options/2 builds I could end up with.

If I sell my current PC

If I upgrade

My current PC is a prebuilt (ew, ikr) Lenovo PC my parents bought me 2 years ago(ish). It's got a pretty decent CPU, and that's really about it.

Current PC specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: nVidia GT 730 1GB (I think it's only 1GB vram)
RAM: 1x8 GB stick. Not sure the brand or anything, but it's DDR3.
HDD: 1TB
PSU: 250W (i think. either way, it's not very good if i recall correctly)
MOBO: Not sure, doesn't really matter in my situation though.

I could possibly sell this for around $400-450 (it's not worth that much) if the buyer i'm talking to takes it. If he doesn't, I have a backup plan. I'm going to transplant the CPU, RAM(maybe), and HDD out of my current one to put in a new case with new parts. I have already ordered a AMD Radeon Rx 480 4GB GPU, and it's on the way. Gonna spend around $200 of my own money either way.

So in the "finna get" saved parts list, not really sure what's the best way to approach it. $200 ish budget for all those parts. I already would have the i5, an rx 480, 8GB RAM, and a 1TB HDD. Not sure what mobo I should use. The case and PSU I think are fine. I chose a 600W for future upgrading purposes, and I just like the look and size of the case. Also not sure about which wireless network adapter to get if it even matters (wired connection isn't a possibility where my setup would be).

What are your thoughts on the "if i sell PC" saved parts list? Budget for that is around $500-$600 depending on how much i'd get for my pc. Keep in mind I already have a GPU selected. Also same scenario with this build, the PSU is for future upgrading purposes.

I also have a few questions. Can I put Windows 10 on a flashdrive if I end up going with the "if i sell PC" build so I don't have to buy an OS? And do I need an optical drive for these builds? Thanks.

Also feel free to ask any questions.
Last edited by Finesse; Nov 28, 2016 at 04:03 AM.
[CENTER][B]professor finesser