Toribash
Original Post
Toribash Bug
Hello, whenever i download toribash i always just get the same mods as in toribash version 3.7 ... also im not able to load anyone's custom folder after or before i meet them in a server. Im not even allowed to download mine's to be able to see myself. Also whenever i start toribash i'm told in a text at the bottom, ''you don't have write permissions for Toribash folder. Some game features may not be available'' and i've been told that that text is probably for not being an administrator but AM and it won't work. Also i've contacted Vox about and he didn't know. I also had two versions of toribash, there both version 3.9 but only one loads the replays and the other is just normal. But the version i had that would load the replays loaded my items so i was able to see my textures and everything but when i said i contacted Vox, he said to erase all my versions of toribash and download and install the new version of toribash that came out and it just says the same, ''you don't have write permissions for Toribash folder. Some game features may not be available''. And im still not able to load my things even after i did /dl bulgath and wont do it.

So please if anyone can help me with my situation let me know for i can finally play toribash like it's supposed to be. thanks
In The Mist
It's cos you're not admin on the computer.

Install it somewhere you have control of (like my documents)

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I am in control...Its my computer and whenever i do anything that it needs authentication i put the username and the password for it! I can do anything i want to the computer where i need the authentication And Vox told me that too but when i checked the preferences it said i was the only admin so thats not it... :/
In The Mist
UAC on Vista & 7 is known for causing problems with TB, even if you're admin.

Either kill UAC or install it somewhere that doesn't need admin privs for files (eg my documents)

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Ok but my computer is a mac not a vista or 7 so im not sure if it is normal for this to happen so yea....
In The Mist
Olol, well that's totally different.

K, so I gather you've dragged the Toribash app folder to your drive & you're not trying to run it from the .dmg?

Anyway, assuming you have copied it to your drive you need to do the following:

Click the Toribash icon
File menu -> Get info -> Ownership & permissions

You can set it up so you have full read & write access there.

If it's greyed out or missing, then your Mac account isn't admin.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
All of it is read and write but it wont load the mods so now thats my only problem....
In The Mist
Open the Toribash folder & check if the mod files are there, people have been saying there's not many included with the latest release.
(I update rather than start fresh so I haven't noticed it)

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Many files are there but i only have the ones that you start with of toribash version 3.8...so mine doesnt update or do anything that its supposed to when i play it all that comes up is the older ones from 3.8 like i said...so i dont really know what to do
In The Mist
go onto the properties of 3.7 and press mods copy the ones that u want and paste them in to the mods folder on the newer toribash properties
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli