Toribash
Original Post
Resetting qi means all old players will be white belts ok so all the will be in white belts servers, the real new players that are going to join next will be also white belts, so when these players will get in servers they are going to fight veterans and get rekt and be like oh this game suck I can't even improve and TB next will have the same players as this one and it will die or at least not improve. People like xbcz who are farming qi every day to have the highest qi in TB will leave if they got their qi removed they worked for years to get it then one day staff decide to remove qi because why not I don't think they will be happy, even me I don't have an astronomical qi am 10th dan and I worked two years to get it, some ppl in years they can get custom but ppl don't have the same amount of time where they can play and farm qi to finally buy pure or demon and void stuff. Am not going to argue more because it don't need to as a conclusion resetting qi will be bad for the game and the players. Now if you still want to reset qi at least players should choose like send a message: TB Next is here ! Would you like to reset your qi ?

Yes/No

But I think you should do something to separate the veterans and the new players because when someone get to the game and lose every single fight I don't think that he will find this cool so maybe make special servers for veterans or something, personally if tomorrow I got my question removed I will probably leave the game.
Last edited by Zyns; Nov 24, 2017 at 09:58 PM.
Maybe I am underestimating how important QI is for some people, I see what you're getting at.

Besides resetting belts would be a big fuckoff for people who bought their QI for some reason.

Still I dislike the idea of QI transferring over to a completely new game
well technically it's not a new game, it's a sequel to toribash. if it was a new game then yeah i'd say yeah, reset qi. but tbn should still be fairly forum based. meanign old players will get thrown in with the new, and i don't know many old members that like being on the same level as people who don't even know how to throw a punch
Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
well technically it's not a new game, it's a sequel to toribash. if it was a new game then yeah i'd say yeah, reset qi. but tbn should still be fairly forum based. meanign old players will get thrown in with the new, and i don't know many old members that like being on the same level as people who don't even know how to throw a punch

a sequel is a new game
For fuck sake
I'm so fucking concerned now cause I've spent like 100$ recently just on items, tc, and other shit like that. I really don't wanna lose the items I have so now I'm panicking
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
Q: Will Toribash be discontinued after Toribash Next release?
A: No, we'll continue support for both games.

Q: Will Toribash players be able to fight Toribash Next players?
A: No, this won't be possible.

Clearly Toribash Next is a new game so players won't keep their QI. There is no way you can justify keeping your QI from one game to another. You don't keep your prestige from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to Modern Warfare 2. The game will probably keep the Toribash concept but the gameplay will still be new to older and new players so we would all be learning together.
Last edited by 16bars; Nov 25, 2017 at 06:00 PM.
LOL old players will barely be learning anything, new players and old players do not need to be mixed up together. toribash next would not bring in any new players at all because they would constantly get beat by people with hundreds of times the experience as them. Also there is no way you can justify not keeping qi, people have worked very hard to get high belts and some even payed real money to skip to a high belt, personally if they reset qi then i would not even play toribash next a single time.
oh is this where i put my signature?
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
a sequel is a new game

I meant more it's not a new game, it's a sequal to Toribash. As in, Mario Odyssey is a sequel to the Mario games. But Mario and LOZ are two new games, made by the same company. It's the same with Toribash. Toribash next is a sequel to Toribash. But it's not a completely new game. Hopefully that makes more sense
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
LOL old players will barely be learning anything, new players and old players do not need to be mixed up together. toribash next would not bring in any new players at all because they would constantly get beat by people with hundreds of times the experience as them. Also there is no way you can justify not keeping qi, people have worked very hard to get high belts and some even payed real money to skip to a high belt, personally if they reset qi then i would not even play toribash next a single time.

Yes old players will barley be learning anything but they still will since it's a new game. When a new Call of Duty game comes out you still need to look at the new perks, guns, grenades, maps and learn about them so there will be learning in the Toribash Next even for veterans since it's a new game.

Toribash Next would definitely bring new players in as it's a whole new engine that will give us new things such as 2v2s, 3v1s and brawl games, personally I think the whole reason why Toribash is going downhill is that people are getting bored of this whole 1v1 system which can get boring really quickly.

Regarding the QI discussion you cannot keep the QI as I said because it's a totally new game. Seems like you didn't understand my example so I'll say it again. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare if you get 10th prestige and then get the new game Modern Warfare 2 it won't transfer because it would be unfair for new players as the veterans would have cool looking weapons in Toribash Next's case better looking items. Sure you've worked so hard to get your Belt/Prestige but it's a new game. This isn't just a Toribash update it's a new game overall with the same concept as Toribash but totally different engine and maybe gameplay. Again I'll use the Call of Duty example. In the first 1-2 weeks of the game being released you will come across veterans who've played the game forever and people who've just started playing for the first time, sure it's unfair but I'll say this for the last time, it's a new game.

Lastly you don't need to play Toribash Next if you don't want to since Hampa said there will be support for both games so if you're salty about the belts/QI you can stay on Classic Toribash.

Originally Posted by hampa View Post
Q: Will Toribash be discontinued after Toribash Next release?
A: No, we'll continue support for both games.

Last edited by 16bars; Nov 25, 2017 at 10:21 PM.
Personally even though I just hit masterbelt recently I'm still totally okay with the belt resets because it's another goal I get to hit in this new game!
And plus not unlike cod if you're a better player than the newer people you'll fuckin fly through the belts easy pz
Last edited by darthc3po; Nov 25, 2017 at 10:54 PM.
"Dolphy go kiss their asses, right now, go say sorry,
Right now" ~Yaysian, striking down the hammer.