Toribash
Original Post
Market Squad Recruitment Drive
Market Squad Recruitment
As of now, the Market Squad is currently looking to pick up fresh meat.

The life of a squid is a simple one; all you have to do is moderate the Market section of the forums, as well as to investigate cases of scam that are posted in Scam Reports. Easy enough, right?

What specifically will I be doing?

The Market Squad are a group of forum moderators that specialize in the general regulation of the market forums and solving scam reports; they also play relevant role in most market-related policy discussion. Your general work consists of handling active scam reports, moderating the entirety of the Market board and handling Market-related reports.

Be aware that the position may require a fair portion of your time, as the Market section is a big part of the forum and has a whole list of rules you'll need to enforce.
There's no particular application format. However, we expect you to inform about your activity level on a daily basis and your GMT.

Tips? We don't have any, but DARGON DOES!

Where do I send my application?

THE RECRUITMENT DRIVE IS OFFICIALLY OVER

~~~

If you have any general questions, please post them in this thread. A Market Squad member or a staff member that works relatively closely with the Market Squad will make sure to answer your question.
Last edited by Creati0n; Sep 23, 2017 at 06:36 PM.
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
If we were accepted into the team, would be get a message?

PM and a post here, also access to MS board(s)

How long does it averagely take to be notified if so?

As soon as the group of applicants are accepted or very shortly after

If someone were to be accepted as trial, and later on not be able to be active, would they be removed or would they be able to be "afk" for like a day or so?

Inactivity periods are allowed if that's what you mean.
Last edited by Surge_old2; Sep 22, 2017 at 10:31 PM.
I have a few questions:
  • If we were accepted into the team, would be get a message?
  • How long does it averagely take to be notified if so?
  • If someone were to be accepted as trial, and later on not be able to be active, would they be removed or would they be able to be "afk" for like a day or so?

Ex-Market Squad here.

1. Yes, as you do with all staff usergroups.

2. When they decide if you are a good pick or not, since this is a recruitment drive, they have to pick "x" amount of people before they announce/send messages. Purely for organizational purposes.

3. If the circumstances are unavoidable, you will have an extended trial period.
Originally Posted by royal View Post
Ex-Market Squad here.

1. Yes, as you do with all staff usergroups.

2. When they decide if you are a good pick or not, since this is a recruitment drive, they have to pick "x" amount of people before they announce/send messages. Purely for organizational purposes.

3. If the circumstances are unavoidable, you will have an extended trial period.

Thanks royal.
One last question, is there a specific activity amount required, ive read earlier and says not however lets say there's a scam case your on and you cant make it, could you get someone else to handle it?
elite i reckon that you just be as active as possible and if u cant complete it in one go, complete it when you can. (like the next day)
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
elite i reckon that you just be as active as possible and if u cant complete it in one go, complete it when you can. (like the next day)

Alright, i suppose your right jesus, thanks.
I have a few questions:
  • If we were accepted into the team, would be get a message?
  • How long does it averagely take to be notified if so?
  • If someone were to be accepted as trial, and later on not be able to be active, would they be removed or would they be able to be "afk" for like a day or so?

From my Experience being Event Squad (assuming it's all consistent across staff groups), You will always get a message on if you're accepted or not. When denied, you likely won't get notified unless you reach out and ask, but patience is key. I think my application was held for a month or something.

Typically getting notified takes anywhere from a week to a month, and on top of being notified the wave of trials are usually stated in the recruitment drive thread as well.

If you have a reason to be inactive, your absence will be waived. This is typically always the case, unless you're gone for some monstrous amount of time, or all the time.

Edit: oops, didn't see prior responses. Ignore it I guess.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Good afternoon everyone!

Our deliberations are finally over, and we've accepted three new trial Market Squad members onto the team: bands, Leaf and Swosh! They'll all be sent an acceptance PM and receive access to their trial Market Squad permissions here shortly.

Thank you to everyone who sent in an application for this recruitment drive. There was a fair amount of discussion and deliberation, and some of you didn't make it very easy for us to choose! You're still welcome to apply again in the future - be it during a recruitment drive, or when you just think the time is right for you to apply.

so ya

Isn't it morning for you?
THANKS THO