Ranking
Original Post
Average Room ELO
Basically some sort of indication of the skill level of the players in the room on the multiplayer menu, be it by averaging the rating, or using that value and sorting the room into some "class". It started to get annoying when I wanted to look for a room for a few quick fights but went into rooms which consisted of new green belt players too often. I know ELO=/=skill but it is still a good and quick estimation.
[Ele] Leader | [Bleu] Supervisor | Artists' Co-op
wut
you want to make me see servers from top to bottom depending on the highest average ELO?

Bad idea, ~Not Supported

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Toribash isn't about that. If we could see this in official servers to find rage quitters, etc, then I would be all for it.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
@snoresville - Don't really get your post's purpose.

@Link - Not sure about your point's relevance, it doesn't affect game mechanic at all. Perhaps you misinterpreted the idea. I'm saying it's to provide some insight into what the current players in the room's level are at, to make it easier for people to find suitable rooms to join.

@hampa - Right, as I suggested, any indication regarding the players in the room would be nice. I thought ELO/rating may have been a good idea because other than being used as an indication, it may also give people who do play for rating a greater incentive to play - hunt down the high-rating people etc. which may or may not also help regulate the ranking system. Just putting the thought out there.

@Kradel - You know how you open the multiplayer menu and you get a list of servers with info including belt requirements, number of players, mod of server, desc etc. Perhaps just an additional column so you can sort servers according to some information on the players inside (be it belt or rating).
Last edited by OfUnknown; May 6, 2014 at 09:44 AM.
[Ele] Leader | [Bleu] Supervisor | Artists' Co-op
This idea is quite nice and has a few features to it; losing pretty much a 10-15 streak worths of elo points in one loss is the major problem with having a elo system when not using a ranked ladder and pairing.

However, setting up a few QA servers which goes by elo instead of belt might tilt this in favour of those who have a bunch of elo and don't with to ruins a weeks-worth of well played games due to a random fraq.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Another point to bring up is that elo doesn't always represent skill. Most replay makers are terrible in multiplayer and people that are masters at multiplayer are terrible at making replays. Besides, replay makers that hardly go ingame might have a really crappy elo but may be just as skilled from practicing in singleplayer. And what happens if a person with a high elo who has played fewer games than the others that have a lower elo because they've played more games. It would have to go by how much Qi a player has as well.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.