Ranking
Original Post
Coding Section to the website.
I think there should be a little coding section of the website.

The feature I think it should have is:

* Discussion.
* Learn

and possibly
* Sell / Buy Source Code. (probably be a very low price)

I spoke to Odlov about this and he said the forums wouldn't be his first place to learn but I think if people wanted to learn coding (Probably fucking not) They could have fun with it and maybe get help from others' source code.

(THINK ABOUT IT TyZi DONT JUST FUCKING SAY NO)
We have a lua board (won't say it's popular), why have a full section dedicated to something the majority of players don't care about? It's a ragdoll fighting game forum, Toribash isn't a coding simulator.
i know that sir, Lua is also dead because the game is dead. I only want this for Programming outside of Toribash since there is an off-topic section this would fit nicely into.
Originally Posted by MercuryVoid View Post
i know that sir, Lua is also dead because the game is dead. I only want this for Programming outside of Toribash since there is an off-topic section this would fit nicely into.

Then go to a coding forum. This would have no use for Toribash.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
There was an organisation for this around four years ago, I was involved in. If you were serious about this, I think trying to get an org going would be the best way. Anyway, going back to the old org, it didn't really flourish too well. We had a semi-active IRC channel and an official org/private board that got sporadic use. There simply wasn't enough like-minded individuals to justify the organisation.

However, it may be different now. If you could find a decent group of people who are interested, go for it. If no one is interested, the demand simply isn't there and there is no point.
I know I would like to, Odlov is learning himself. However, I don't know if anyone else would want to.
Originally Posted by MercuryVoid View Post
I know I would like to, Odlov is learning himself. However, I don't know if anyone else would want to.

If no one else is interested, I guess you have your answer to whether an organisation is justified.

Seriously though, there are no end of brilliant websites, blogs, forums etc available if you want to learn programming. If you drop me a PM with what it is exactly you want to learn/discuss I could probably point you to some great places. However that isn't really within the scope of this thread.
One or multiple threads about coding in other languages than LUA would go very well in Computer/Mobile Chat. Maybe something to consider if you can't get an org up and running.

Computer/Mobile Chat is in my opinion the best place for this, since the board seems to be pretty desolate. It might gain a purpose again rather than being what it is now.
Last edited by Slau; Apr 17, 2017 at 12:23 AM.