ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Problem with shaders in TB 3.8
Hey.
Ive just installed TB 3.8, and when i checkec 'shaders option' in menu, i cant see players :/ There is a screenshot :

Btw! I had previously installed TB on this computer, and the shaders worked! Dunno why now its not working Hope for a help from You guys, and thanks!
My TB 3.8 is acting crazy too, but the shaders do work. I got that for a few seconds too right after checking the "shaders" box, but after a while, it worked all fine and had shaders on. I'd wager it's something similar to games showing a blank (although usually black, but that's just cosmetics) screen after changing the display options. The difference here is that toggling shaders is the only major option in the game, so you don't get it for the smaller ones, I'd guess.

so in short, my advice: the good ol' wait for a while.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
ever thought about updating GFX card drivers? Might help alot
<evil> srsly people forgot that most part of toribash community is douchebags... lead by shin
Umm.. i have newwest catylyst drivers for radeon x300, i played TB with shaders before.. dunno what to do :/
It's not a graphics driver issue - it's a lack of video RAM.

Back in the 3.6/7 days shader capable cards with 64meg or less stopped displaying the players. These days it's cards with 128meg or less.

Don't take that as black & white gospel, but it's the general rule. Why? Because all these graphics improvements & added textures people keep requesting need more memory to fit in.

If your video chip's on board then just give it more memory to eat (most boards allow you to give anything from 8meg -> 512meg), but if it's a separate card then it'll mean replacing it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
i had this problem to but there is sth in the options frame rate:30
i made 60 and it worked!
Check out my Youtube!
Originally Posted by juanpedro View Post
i can never activate shaders!

That probably means your GFX card cant handle pixel shader 2.0, update it and you'll be able to use shaders.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

My problem is when i click in the shaders square and then OK
it doesn't change but i have shaders 3.0
What do i do ? =S