ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Leaderboards Thing
Hey, just had the idea of having some leaderboards on the forums for certain things like forum posts, Tc amounts, qi earned, most wins ETC.

Just thought it would be cool to see who's on top when it comes to certain parts of the game/forums.

So for each section there would be a list of the top 100 (or any other number)
in that section, showing the following;

Position in list
Nickname
The amount of (whatever section is, e.g toricredits, forum posts)

EXAMPLE.

TORICREDITS TOP 100

1st___________Snook___________7,899,999 TC
2nd___________Sn00k___________7,899,998 TC
etc...

So yeah any thoughts on this?
Thanks for reading.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
Hey, just had the idea of having some leaderboards on the forums for certain things like forum posts, Tc amounts, qi earned, most wins ETC.

Just thought it would be cool to see who's on top when it comes to certain parts of the game/forums.

So for each section there would be a list of the top 100 (or any other number)
in that section, showing the following;

Position in list
Nickname
The amount of (whatever section is, e.g toricredits, forum posts)

EXAMPLE.

TORICREDITS TOP 100

1st___________Snook___________7,899,999 TC
2nd___________Sn00k___________7,899,998 TC
etc...

So yeah any thoughts on this?
Thanks for reading.

Sounds good, things like top 10 marketeers, duelers ect.
That sounds cool. You can have a leaderboard for in-game
things like most games played, most games won, most
games lost, best win-ration, most times played a certain
mod, etc...
And then forum things like most transactions done, most tc
at the moment, most Qi, most forum posts, and all that good
stuff. This could add a new type of competition to certain
objectives.
Also, most bets won, most bets lost, most bets placed,
most tc added to decap/dm prize, most tourneys won,
etc., etc., etc...
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Bumping this to see if I could get some more comments on it.

Any problems noticed? Is this idea possible? Any opinions that can help me make the idea better?
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
You always gotta think about the flaws of an idea. I'm not too sure, but I think people would be able to farm in a certain mod such as Lightning judo(whatever), Jousting, etc. I'm not too sure if someone would be desperate to farm atleast 100 wins, against their self. I think it would be good, if the whole farming situation was prevented.

Either way ~Supported
<[T]Oblivion>plz sign my shirt.
<[T]Oblivion> roland im ur biggest fan
With a leaderboard system, I'm sure you'd be able to
detect farming.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
I don't particularly mean only in game leaderboard btw, anyway we already have that farming rank problem :P.

Thanks for feedback.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
I like this idea, but I personally feel it would end up a glorified hit list. Those looking to make profit would try to be close to them at all times, and while I feel the recognition would be nice, it should be for something like qi and forum posts, and not who has the deepest wallet. Beggers and duelistswould follow those with the most tc relentlessly, and having a public eye on "where da tc at" would, I feel, endorse the begging/lending/dueling community

I like this idea, but not for a TC Leaderboard

Pretty much supported
endless around, infinite within. you step.
ripples
TOP 10

Example

wow such edit
Last edited by Life; May 5, 2014 at 04:13 PM.
R.I.P Static
TC is so liquid though. It would probably take a dedicated server to keep track of all the changes because people are constantly buying and selling on the market and the forum. It also doesn't represent the money value of the items. Players like Creati0n may have only like 400k at a time but his deactivated inventory is worth a few times more than that. Ranks are only updated every 24 hours so I doubt the serves can handle a realtime change system.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.