Ranking
Original Post
Different Opening Moves
What are some good moves to start out with? All I know how to do in the beginning is to hop and grab the head:

Press C to freeze the whole body.
Extend both ankles.
Contract both pecs.
Grip with both hands.
Space space.

This ends up with my hands attached to the opponent's head.. but many times I end up falling on the ground first with my following moves.

Any other good recipes?
Re: Different Opening Moves
That one is becoming very overused. Try this one.

Hold all. Contract knees and hips.
Press space
Extend knees.

Another one for the ten frame servers:

Hold all. Contract abs, neck, pecs, and shoulders
Press space.
Extend shoulders.

If you're playing on the judo server, you'll need an opening which will keep you out of trouble. One of my favourites is like so:

Hold all. Extend shoulders. Contract all others except for glutes, lumbar and chest.
Press space.
Contract shoulders. Extend all others except for the above.
Usually I go for either one of the two starting moves below - I find 'em to be speedy, painful, and few people manage to block them in time.

No. 1 - Dual Uppercut.

TURN 1: Hold all, extend shoulders and knees, contract pecs, ankles and abs.
TURN 2: Contract shoulders, extend hips, abs and ankles.

+ Very effective at countering an overhead thump or an attempted high block.
+ You can see fit to grab someone before the uppercut hits, or just try and smash their torso into the air.
+ A grab is usually best followed up with either a headbutt or a well-placed knee.

No. 2 - Deafening Smack.

TURN 1: Contract pecs and elbows, extend abs and knees. Holding all is optional.
TURN 2: Hold all, contract shoulders and elbows again, contract abs, extend ankles, set hands to grab.
TURN 3: Follow up with anything that will stop the opponent from stealing your arms.

+ If you prefer, you can hold all on the 1st turn and see what happens.
+ Depending on what the opponent's doing, the damage dealt by the slap to the ears varies madly - Anywhere between 1k and 125k.
+ It's usually a good idea to raise a knee on the second turn, then extend the pecs and knee on the third and watch as the enemy's chest is slammed into your foot.
+ Alternatively, you can contract the abs twice on the first two turns in an attempt to grab the enemy from under the arms.

- So there you go. Improvise on those two and see how much of a pummeling you can dole out.
I might have found another one:

Hold all, contract [pecs, abs, right knee], extend left ankle, rotate chest left.
End turn.

This will spin you while hitting the opponent with both your arms.

The problem is that sometimes a stray hit will send you even more off balance. Must be especially careful in DQ rooms.
Hold All:
Contract right shoulder
Extend right pecs
Contract left pecs
Right rotating chest
Right bending lumbar
Relax abs

Spins you around and has a good chance of taking your opponent's arm off on turn 2 or 3
I have one kinda like that but it kicks out a foot and throws a punch too.

It starts out:

Hold all
Contract left pecs
Rotate Chest right
Rotate Lumbar right
Extend both gluts

This pretty much hits one arm and sets up a nice kick to the other arm on the first round.
These work fairly well but I'm noticing that most of you are focusing on your arms and neglecting your legs. Kicks do tons of damage and add a lot of randomization to a fight.
Originally Posted by rock
I have one kinda like that but it kicks out a foot and throws a punch too.

It starts out:

Hold all
Contract left pecs
Rotate Chest right
Rotate Lumbar right
Extend both gluts

This pretty much hits one arm and sets up a nice kick to the other arm on the first round.

That kick may very well be the best opening move i have every seen. 90% of the time i will take their arm off. One guy blocked it with his foot but it took that clean off and still hit his arm off.
If you wanna be an ass, you can contract those muscles which pull your arms back. You lower the arms, then bend slightly back, and the opponent (if he uses the "grab the head" move) ends up missing you completely in regular games. Which, I've noticed, can be very annoying with disqualifying rules.
Alot Of these opening moves are really good but alot involve contracting a shoulder. I was wondering how you contract a shoulder. Every time i try it either raises it or lowers it. Sorry if this is a newb question, I got the game yesterday