Ranking
Original Post
A computer that can AT LEAST support TB shaders?
Can you tell me any cheap computers that can at least support shaders?
It is the graphics card that decides whether your computer supports shaders or not.

I suggest buying a graphics card with at least v2.0 or higher shader support.
i know a few but there not that cheap lol but theres a fer programs to download for this problem .
Toribash Senior |Wushu Master| YouTube Dancer |Video Editor| Senior Gfx artist| Univ of Penn Alumni|#Ivyleague
Economically speaking, buying a graphics card that could support shaders would be much less expensive than buying a computer that could support shaders.

The ever linkable shaders FAQ thread should be able to help you inspect your options:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=214180
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Yay my thread was linked, also I'd recommend basing your computer choices on something else, but if you must pick toribash to base it on, the ATI 4650 or Nvidia Geforce 9800 would both manage shaders. If you want to run RTRT I'd recommend getting an nvidia 2xx series or up (really you want 4xx or up as 2xx only support shader model 4.0, not 4.1) or ATI 4000 up (just pick something better than the 4650)

Stats that might help:
Shaders use shader model 2.0
RTRT use shader model 4.0/4.1 I forget which.
Toribash needs around 128MBs of VRAM, 256MB would be preferable if you want to have reflections and so forth, and half a gig would be overkill.
ATI/Intel GPU's have a memory problem that means they need twice the VRAM of Nvidia cards to run Toribash, however this can be fixed with the /chatcache 1 command, so they can be used with Toribash realistically.
Toribash uses heavy physics solvers that kill CPU's, your likely to end up with a CPU bottle neck if you have less than a duel core processor, two cores will run Toribash just fine, four cores will run it smooth 60fps all the way.
Last edited by Vox; May 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM.
So what you mean is if you have 4xx,it will support better shaders?Quad cores gives higher FPS for Toribash.But,what should i choose?ATI 4650 or Nvidia Geforce 9800,which one is better?
Indeed, 9800 is better, a tad more expensive, here is a chart I quickly drew up, if you want the information I'm pulling the currency is all in Pounds, and the data is from tom's hardware, chart link here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/charts...ndex,2673.html

According to that data, the 6570 would be the best price to performance, I don't have data on the 4650 on the same tests, so I couldn't include it.
ATI tend to rule the 'really cheep' market, but if you want something more mid-range it's hard to pick.
The best way to do this IMO is to first take a budget (Say $70) and then find the best card you can get for that much money, if you were to pick around $70, you would probably go with the 6570.

Also I should mention, 4 cores wont help you much in any other game than toribash, if you want to pick a processor based on a number, find the processor with the highest cache size, the cache makes a huge difference in loading polygons to the graphics unit, and dictates performance a great deal. If you find a dual core with a higher cache than an alternative quad core, get the dual core.
Last edited by Vox; May 19, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
Originally Posted by LeL0uch View Post
It is the graphics card that decides whether your computer supports shaders or not.

I suggest buying a graphics card with at least v2.0 or higher shader support.

Isn't JUST a graphics card to have shaders, you need a powerful energy font, around 2GB RAM and a great space free in your HD. The graphics card can be the World's best one, but if you don't have a great computer to use this, the graphics card is useless.
I am ChipSkylark :)