Ranking
Original Post
%Force/relax displaying issue in MP
Hi.
For some weeks now (can't remember exactly when it happened, but some day I looked at my TB and said to myself "wtf ?") I'm experiencing a strange issue.
When in MP and that it is my turn to play, I can't see the imbricated spheres stating the "force"/"relax" status of my opponent's joints. Instead he appears like in replay mode (force color, a single sphere).

Check out the screenshot : here
(and yes I can assure you he wasn't in hold all, he had movement, etc but appeared like this all along).

Nevertheless I see myself normaly when playing and when I'm spectator, I see both uke & tori in "normal" ingame display.

Am I missing something ? Is there an /opt uke something that I should set ?
Don't ask me about reinstall, I already did it (several times), and even deleted any reference to toribash in my registry base (windows XP) before making a new clean install => same result.

Please any clue on this because it is quite bothersome ingame, makes it twice harder to anticipate (if you know what I mean ^^).

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Kyat; Jul 28, 2010 at 12:31 AM.
[FROG] - [Toribash-FR] - [OLDA] - \m/
Français, english: Click
eh i'm pretty sure that's how it is.
You can never see the oponent's curent joint state.
You only see him as you sayed in "hold all"
I'm pretty sure we used to see it in the previous versions.

+ not sure if it has been reported, but there's a silly bug when trying to ungrab by double clicking the hand. In certain angles, it does not consider the hand, but the joint which is in the same line (depending on the point of view atm of the click).
This one made me miss some move and shout in rage :/
Last edited by Kyat; Jul 28, 2010 at 02:21 AM.
It's just a feature change.

And the latter isn't remarkable. If you have problems with the controls with the mouse, just press 'L' to change grab/open.
Yup, we only had that long long ago. Maybe in 3.2 or something like that.

I'm pretty sure your opponent's joint state needs to be "secret" from you.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by Voxus View Post
It's just a feature change.

And the latter isn't remarkable. If you have problems with the controls with the mouse, just press 'L' to change grab/open.

Considering the 'L' key, yes I'm already using it, but it is not convenient. Also I was used to double click so far. L was for emergency cases, or when I couldn't access directly the hand by mouse pointer.
Using L all along is gonna be a pain in the ass for me as I'm using the keyboard controls to control joints states and camera movement. Lifting my left hand and checking for the 'L' key is a loss of time that can be "lethal" ingame.
Anyway, I hope there will be a next release in which this issue is fixed as double clicking was something that USED to work perfectly.

Originally Posted by SlipAnc View Post
Yup, we only had that long long ago. Maybe in 3.2 or something like that.

I'm pretty sure your opponent's joint state needs to be "secret" from you.

Damn, then why all of a sudden I felt like I lost my marks ?
So strange...
Last edited by Kyat; Jul 28, 2010 at 07:23 PM.