Ranking
Be as much of a bitch as you can. Kdone.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch using Tapatalk 2
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
So tomorrow I'm casting a League tournament at an internet cafe in my city.
Any particular advice I may not have already read/heard?

Know your shit.

Know the meta. Be ready to explain cheesy comps, know your lane match ups, know how to pronounce every player's/team's name (when Numbers was playing on stream on Team Yami, the fool was calling it Yamu (though to be fair, it sounded stupid enough to be amusing)), and be fast to catch possible action going on around the map (read as: stare at the mini map).

And always find something to talk about that's relevant. A caster should never leave more than 3 seconds of silence, 4 at max, as that's the point casting gets awkward. Large pauses make the match seem uninteresting, or worse, the caster is uninformed and slow. If the game slows down, predict what a team needs to do to start catching up, or how they are warding something well and what that means, anything to fill in the dull moments.

A caster's job is to be engaging, entertaining, and enlightening. Sound interested in the game, make the dull moments fun, and always explain what is happening. Simple tl;dr to how to be a solo caster.

If somebody is casting with you, establish a way to non-verbally indicate to each other when you want to talk, and try to indicate in advance so they can finish up and pass it over. Typically, talker looks at the other caster while talking and other caster watches game to make sure nothing is missed. Balance the talk time, and avoid talking over. If somebody is talking about something when a fight breaks out, whoever noticed it has dibs. The person talking should stop their monologue/rant and cast the fight or pass it on to the other caster. And never directly disagree, even if you think the other caster is wrong. Let them finish and, if time allows it, state you have a differing opinion, and then explain your reasoning. But never let it go beyond the presentation, and never make it a debate or argument.

Oh, and don't swear. Swearing contributes nothing and risks blowback, so it's not worth it.

But just have fun, it ain't like you're streaming to millions of people right?
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
All day everyday no matter what mode I play I get allies like this.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegen...14736/38457475

it's probably because you picked teemo, karma ya know.

Also does Final Boss veigar look like a really fancy caster minion, but with a staff and giant hand, to anyone else?
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Know your shit.

Know the meta. Be ready to explain cheesy comps, know your lane match ups, know how to pronounce every player's/team's name (when Numbers was playing on stream on Team Yami, the fool was calling it Yamu (though to be fair, it sounded stupid enough to be amusing)), and be fast to catch possible action going on around the map (read as: stare at the mini map).

And always find something to talk about that's relevant. A caster should never leave more than 3 seconds of silence, 4 at max, as that's the point casting gets awkward. Large pauses make the match seem uninteresting, or worse, the caster is uninformed and slow. If the game slows down, predict what a team needs to do to start catching up, or how they are warding something well and what that means, anything to fill in the dull moments.

A caster's job is to be engaging, entertaining, and enlightening. Sound interested in the game, make the dull moments fun, and always explain what is happening. Simple tl;dr to how to be a solo caster.

If somebody is casting with you, establish a way to non-verbally indicate to each other when you want to talk, and try to indicate in advance so they can finish up and pass it over. Typically, talker looks at the other caster while talking and other caster watches game to make sure nothing is missed. Balance the talk time, and avoid talking over. If somebody is talking about something when a fight breaks out, whoever noticed it has dibs. The person talking should stop their monologue/rant and cast the fight or pass it on to the other caster. And never directly disagree, even if you think the other caster is wrong. Let them finish and, if time allows it, state you have a differing opinion, and then explain your reasoning. But never let it go beyond the presentation, and never make it a debate or argument.

Oh, and don't swear. Swearing contributes nothing and risks blowback, so it's not worth it.

But just have fun, it ain't like you're streaming to millions of people right?

Thanks for the additional pointers.
There'll be less than 100 people live in the location I'd estimate and then an unknown number watching on stream. Probably not too many, I scoped the channel out that I'll be on and it doesn't seem too big.
Anyway, I plan to cast like there are millions of people watching anyway. Small crowd is no excuse for a sub par performance. Never know who's listening.

Oh, and I will have a co caster so that will be interesting.
Just remember after every fight you need to be like "NOT EVEN CLOSE BABY"
New Splash

Headhunter Caitlyn Splash

(The new "Cyber Ops Yasuo" skin has been renamed "PROJECT: Yasuo")
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Thanks for the additional pointers.
There'll be less than 100 people live in the location I'd estimate and then an unknown number watching on stream. Probably not too many, I scoped the channel out that I'll be on and it doesn't seem too big.
Anyway, I plan to cast like there are millions of people watching anyway. Small crowd is no excuse for a sub par performance. Never know who's listening.

Oh, and I will have a co caster so that will be interesting.

Stream name? I'd watch if I can.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

I found his stream. SolaxGames Twitch

It's easy to found.
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.