ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Christianity
63 Votes / 35.80%
Islam
16 Votes / 9.09%
Hinduism
1 Votes / 0.57%
Buddhism
3 Votes / 1.70%
Taoism
3 Votes / 1.70%
Other
2 Votes / 1.14%
Judaism
4 Votes / 2.27%
No religion - Atheism
48 Votes / 27.27%
No religion - Agnosticism or similar
27 Votes / 15.34%
I don't know.
9 Votes / 5.11%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Atheist, though I do hold some beliefs that are parallel to Buddhism.

Originally Posted by Pedant View Post
Ignostic. I just don't see any reason to argue either side; there's either a god or there isn't and it's not going to affect me. In other words, I don't care.

Ignostic seems to imply you don't know enough, which is what agnostic is anyway...

Not caring is not mutually exclusive to being religious.
I chose atheism, because, well, I'm an atheist. I do not believe in a god, or gods of any sort.

How do you stop a baby from crawling around?

Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Ignostic seems to imply you don't know enough, which is what agnostic is anyway...
Not caring is not mutually exclusive to being religious.

Let's fight. I'll be Boredpayne/Hyde and you be you.

Ignosticism is just not caring; agnosticism is being unable to reach a conclusion. You're obviously a dumb troll just trying to get me angry, but I won't fall for your tricks.
Some sort of form of pantheism. Raised catholic.
I consider most religions as some sort of fictional lore in an attempt to make religion more accessible to the masses. It's not all fake, it's based off the truth, but rather loosely. Their flavors resonate well with the customs of regional peoples.
Atheist, the idea of a god hadn't been brought into my life until I was around 10 and even then I was taught about god/gods as mythology so I've no reason to believe in a god or gods. Apparently religion is used to control the masses
I R IRONMAN
Don't you just love it when people call certain religions the same? If they where the same, then they wouldn't be 2 different religions, hurp a fucking derp.

Atheist. Religion has agitated me since forever. Deaths it's caused, drama it's caused, etc. And of course i just generally don't follow the beliefs of other religions as far as having a god, or creator of the universe etc.
I'm very christian. I go to church at sundays, and I'm reading the Bible. I think i started being christian because everyone else was, but the more i cam into it, the more interesting it got. I reccomend other christian to read the Bible if they didnt do it already.
[Fr3styL]|TNT|Rooyall: Wanna smell my dick? Me: Why not? Rooyall: That's what I ask the girls all the time..
Agnostic, altough i voted Taoist.
I share some toughts with Taoism: peace, receptiveness, spontaneity and finding the balance within ourselves.
Originally Posted by Pedant View Post
Let's fight. I'll be Boredpayne/Hyde and you be you.

Ignosticism is just not caring; agnosticism is being unable to reach a conclusion. You're obviously a dumb troll just trying to get me angry, but I won't fall for your tricks.

I DISAGREE. I want to be Mister616.

God does not exist, God is just an imaginary friend made for weak and/or stupid people who cannot understand their own existence.
Ignosticism is being ignorant, like the latin "ignormus" meaning "I don't even, LOL". Agnosticism means that you are unwilling to make a choice.

If you are unwilling or unable, then I conclude that you simply are not smart enough to be able to make a choice. Any logical person would conclude that there is no God as there is no hard evidence. If you cannot see that then you are either ignorant or have never thought about it. Anyone who picks 'ignosticism' is lieing to themselves, anyone who picks 'agnosticism' is an idiot.

@BoredPayne + Logic: IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO MISTER616 IS THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU REPLY TO THIS POST?

MY GOD, THE IDIOCY OF SOME PEOPLE MAKES ME WEEP FOR THE FUTURE OF MAN KIND.

@EVERYONE: IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO MISTER616 IS THEN DON'T RESPOND TO MY POST IN WHICH I AM IMPERSONATING MISTER616. SERIOUSLY WTF GUYS.
Last edited by Gorman; Apr 4, 2011 at 06:32 AM.