Toribash
Original Post
Wings
I kept getting jealous of Suo and Jok and their small scripts, rather than my huge, lumbering ones. So here's one under 70 lines.

How to Fly:
In general, when your hands are gripped, you will generate force in the direction opposite that your hands are moving. So if you raise your arms, set grip, and lower them, you will generate lift on your body. In a similar fashion, you can generate downward thrust, and forward, backwards, and lateral movements.

If you keep your hands held for longer than 50 frames you'll start to glide, picking up lateral speed.

Unfortunately, modeling it so that you can perform tight aerial maneuvers makes it very difficult to move as you'd want otherwise. If I find a little more time, and people seem interested, I'll make an advanced wing script.

Enjoy.

Edit: I took out that debug info (oops), and modified gliding to work more naturally (there was kind of an annoying speed lag before).

Edit again: Modified the behavior again. After 30 frames held, you start to swoop (for 50 frames) to pick up lateral speed, and then you glide as normal. You can dive bomb Uke with a couple of flaps from 2000 engage distance, done right.
Attached Files
wings.lua (1.3 KB, 430 views)
Last edited by Dafe; Sep 12, 2007 at 05:58 PM.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
i shall try it

EDIT:
fun fun fun fun
Originally Posted by Dexter
if god is with me and if i belived in god and im sure he is in the room with me, i just wish he brought a extention cord

this mod really helps:
it has more wieght for grab hand and less for fist, instead of the default which is opposite >.<

Edit: heres a replay of me falling from 5000 feet and landing with out a scrach =D

could you also make one where only tori is effected?
Attached Files
wings.tbm (179 Bytes, 104 views)
fall from 5000 save.rpl (68.4 KB, 101 views)
Last edited by MrPoptart; Sep 12, 2007 at 11:20 AM.
Modified the behavior again. After 30 frames held, you start to swoop (for 50 frames) to pick up lateral speed, and then you glide as normal. You can dive bomb Uke with a couple of flaps from 2000 engage distance, done right.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
mods+scripts=awesome!
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Try it with lightning fighters mod.
Win
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
AHH! it won't let me download the .lua, it just sends me to that page that says i'm not logged in (which i obviously am)
i can download MrPoptart's mod, but not Dafe's script

can someone attach the script to their post in reply to this one please?
Quite Right

We can reject your offer anytime for any reason we wish to make up. ~veb