Toribash
Nice punch starrzz!

I tried to modify it but i'm not sure if i made it better... Check them out anyway :P
Attached Files
1.rpl (24.7 KB, 18 views)
2.rpl (30.3 KB, 17 views)
[A L P H A]
I got the "ok" from Sahee before posting this.. It came out of a bit of improv, and dosen't have much "snap". Any ideas ?

It has a lot of variants on the second/third turns, but I think the first turn is the problem =/
Attached Files
1variant1.rpl (8.4 KB, 21 views)
1variant2.rpl (16.6 KB, 17 views)
I edited ur openers harlequin, idk how much they can be effective in mp, they have to be tryed and modified, but if you like them we can try to improve
Attached Files
[NO]H4rl3quin_vs_uke-0_0.rpl (19.6 KB, 15 views)
●Alpha●
●OLDA●
●ORMO●
Those are some cool edits, maldiluna ^.^ I'll give that sort of thing a try. I've given up on it alot in mp.. it's too easy to sweep out the way, in general.

/invade#2

And here are some replays (i put in a "noobbot") of something I'm working on. The first one ended up looking like one of Kami's (even though it started out as random =/ ) .. the second is interesting (low enough for you, Sahee ? =p).

I want to keep the basic move structure the same, but .. any suggestions on the finer details ?
Attached Files
1awushunew4.rpl (11.2 KB, 19 views)
1testnewwushu.rpl (16.5 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by H4rl3quin; Jul 28, 2008 at 10:21 PM.
low but stiff. Relax all not needed joints. It will add up to your looks.
In opener you mentioned - try for example relaxing held knee and elbow. You will see it still works, and it looks a bit more fluid already.

Normally relaxing knees and elbows are good thing to do not only to improve your style; and to allow that relax-auto-balance-regain; but also to slightly contract them, which is useful for comebacks. Standing near the ground and leaving elbows relaxed isn't so popular, but it can do magic when used properly. I tell joo ;).

Also I played with your other opener a lil. When in trouble - relax all and start joints anew, putting only those that you'll really need, take a look at where joints are going (as they hopefully gained some speed last turn) and use that move to your advantage - simplest idea is to add such forces that will make those joints move in the same direction even faster. The other good idea is to redirect yourself properly - using already-taking-place joints' movement.

You can easily find some moves, while in relaxed state, that could either give you some attack nao, or prepare you for other type of attack later. Depending on situation in given match.

try not to overhold or overforce your ragdoll. You're high belt nao, you can pay attention to that, Imo, or at least start paying attention.

Also this is not invade, as people from wushu school and other random people in need are invited here.

If you didn't get something - ask - I'm here to help joo, give joo some other views on the game. >.>
Attached Files
no1.rpl (14.1 KB, 23 views)
no2.rpl (14.1 KB, 17 views)
no3.rpl (14.0 KB, 25 views)
no4.rpl (16.8 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by Sahee; Jul 29, 2008 at 12:38 AM.
deady: "Sahee (...) you bitter Pollock (...)"
Those variants are helpful ^.^ I got some great Ideas from them. The lashed version of that sort of kick looks sexy.

edit: no.3 looks like it could work pretty damn well in mp.. is it ok if I play around with it a bit online ?

It's true.. It's a stiff move - I was going for a bit more hold than usual, to get that smooth swing, but tbh, as I was trying it out, it didn't work too well against stationary opponents, and didn't DM often, either.

It's interesting that you mention relaxing knees and elbows, (which I usually force deliberately) .. I'll have to play around with that.

And the idea of relaxing all and starting over when in doubt is something I should do more.. I'm in the middle of redeveloping my style, which used to be a bit too limp and chaotic, to something more manageable... I really got what you meant when you said "stay low" in wushu school - I've won matches just from being below the range of their opener, and popping up under them..

Anyway, here are some replays of this one in action - In the first two, It works as a stiff move, I think, staying superlow in the first, and making the chase easier in the second. Maybe in the last one, a more powerful, limp move may be the right way to go. What do you think ?

btw, thanks for the school - It got me playing the mod again, which led to a nice bit of streaking and confidence building
That move leaves your head completely unprotected for many frames, if those guys had rushed...well.. imagine.

Btw sahee, i loved the no3 edit, good job
●Alpha●
●OLDA●
●ORMO●
I edited sahee's one x]

It leaves you in a bad position after the kick, but it looks cool.
And yes, I got the idea from millie's sweep kick
Attached Files
no3.rpl (19.5 KB, 22 views)
Last edited by scheczudio; Jul 29, 2008 at 10:09 AM.
[A L P H A]
I found that opener too, during fiddling with joints too, but imo enemy wouldn't be so fast so close to joo that you'd reach him with that kick?
deady: "Sahee (...) you bitter Pollock (...)"
True. It'd be a pretty decent opener if we could somehow make a second kick (or a punch/back fist), it'd be pretty good, and with all that momentum, it should be pretty powerful

[edit]
I made 3 variation of that kick so that it does more things on the third turn, but it ended up looking too stiff, so I probably should use less joints... here they are anyways :P
Attached Files
no3(i).rpl (11.2 KB, 18 views)
no3(ii).rpl (30.9 KB, 15 views)
no3(iii).rpl (27.9 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by scheczudio; Jul 29, 2008 at 12:32 PM.
[A L P H A]