Ranking
Original Post
Making 3D objects for toribash
Introduction

This is a tutorial on how to make 3D objects for toribash, the items will only display locally, so you can see them in-game, but others won't be able to see your items when you go on multiplayer. This is mainly for art, videos and fun.
since many use different sort of 3D applications I won't go too much in to details about the programs, and I will try to keep this as simple as humanly possible so you won't get confused.

1. Software

2. Making the 3D object

3. File format and naming

4. preview it in toribash

Troubleshooting

FAQ

Video tutorial:
Last edited by WorldEater; Oct 28, 2017 at 09:17 AM.
Are there any other parts except head and arm (where those gm band goes) which supports 3d object?
Dengue is a wizard.
[Nitro] | (KnC) | [Monk] | Gamer's Inc. | ViperTech and Cheshyre fanboy
You can use the whole body.

OBJ0: Bodypart to modify. The number after OBJ denote the bodypart ID (OBJ0 = head, OBJ1 = breast)
Refer:[Tutorial]Improved Item.dat Editing Tut

武术
Serenity
You are dead to me
QuickQuestion--- will this work with any 3d modeling applications?
3698 PM me if you want to see a secret.
This must be official. I mean we need an item that lets us use our custom objects for game.
I know it will cause some problems but its just an idea. And would be cool.
Leon The Black
The servers get frequently clogged up as it is. Having to save even bigger files such as custom 3D items would make matters worse.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by P4P4Z0LA View Post
QuickQuestion--- will this work with any 3d modeling applications?

Yes, as long as you can save as .obj

Originally Posted by IBlackleon View Post
This must be official. I mean we need an item that lets us use our custom objects for game.
I know it will cause some problems but its just an idea. And would be cool.

Toribash items has to be done in a certain way for multiplayer to not lag out the game, and they have strict limitation to polygon count, item size and texture size. As well as no items should overlap joints. Therefore making anyone able to make items for multiplayer would be a bad idea
Last edited by Ezeth; Jan 11, 2015 at 10:48 PM.
Will you be able to put it on different body parts? like swords? but it cant do anything?
I was thinking of making an AoT (Attack on titan) vid and swords are the only thing thats keeping me back, So can you?
Or is it only for the head?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Kill them with kindness and bury them with a smile"
God ABD player and masterful Daycare.tbm connoisseur
Ok, now read the OP, section 4.1

Also, you can preview objects with the /obj command.

/obj load custom/uke/example.obj playerid bodyid colorid alpha textured dynamic partless ghosted. (Everything explained in the op)

/obj loadfull custom/uke/example.obj - Previews the object on all bodyparts with random colors
武术
Serenity
You are dead to me
just take the number from the bodypart you want and place it in

OBJ(number of bodypart)
so lets say for your sword you want it in the right hand, ok lets find the number of the right hand (look below) ok the number is 11
ok so then your code is
OBJ11; 1 0 255 1 0 0 0 (1 0 255 1 0 0 0 can be replaced to what ever you like, look OC)

Here are the numbers of the bodyparts.
0 [Head] 1 [Breast] 2 [Chest] 3 [Stomach] 4 [Groin] 5 [Right Pec] 6 [Right Bicep] 7 [Left Tricep] 8 [Left Pec] 9 [Left Bicep] 10 [Left Tricep] 11 [Right Hand] 12 [Left Hand] 13 [Right Butt] 14 [Left Butt] 15 [Right Thigh] 16 [Left Thigh] 17 [Left Shin] 18 [Right Shin] 19 [Right Foot] 20 [Left Foot]
Last edited by Ezeth; Jan 17, 2015 at 08:17 PM.