Ranking
it does indeed make a difference, do you have any other monitors? what gpu do you have?

i personally have
https://www.amazon.com/Asus-VG248QE-...=1&*entries*=0

can say its pretty good, you can't really compare viewing angles on a TN panel to one on an IPS panel, so if colors are important I'd recommend getting a decently priced IPS panel in the future if you don't have one already
-----
Originally Posted by royal View Post
I got this monitor for Christmas, and it's amazing (same price as the ones above). I haven't had any problems so far with it, the only thing you need is a dual DVI cable (which comes with the monitor) and the ability to run games above 60fps.

Also, in CSGO (any game, really) there is an insane amount of difference between a 60hz and a 144hz monitor, and you can feel it.

mine was a display model, didnt come with a dual dvi for me unfortunately but if you already have display port, you can just use that as well

also edit: what games will you be playing?
Last edited by cat; Feb 3, 2017 at 03:49 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
So, I've been asking around/looking around as well and I'm thinking about going to the store and buying a BenQ Zowie XL2411.

And to answer your questions cat,
PC hardware for CPU is an i5-6600k (not really the best CPU but it was in budget), and a GTX 1070.

I'll mostly be playing games like CSGO, LOL, Rust, Paladins, and some other games that I might find myself playing later on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
So you're stating that it does actually make a slight difference?

Yes, but for the vast majority of people, (I'm talking 99.9%) skill is the bottleneck, not the monitor's response time. If you're on a limited budget, anything under 8ms is perfectly fine, but if you have the money and the ambition of going pro, it wouldn't be a wasteful investment. That BenQ looks like a great choice, though be wary of others' gripes about TN panels.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
BenQ ZOWIE XL2430, is the monitor I ended up purchasing.
Was slightly over my "$350" range but that's ok. It's basically the same panel as the BenQ Zowie, XL2411, but just has few more inputs, USB ports, better design, and few small things over the XL2411.

As soon as I got it put together, I ran CSGO and started a match up against bots. (running at 144hz ofc)
I immidiately noticed/felt the difference. This isn't because this is my new monitor and it's supposed to be better seeing as it's a "Gaming monitor". No, I actually noticed a huge difference in how the movement feels/looks. Also, the color/viewability on this monitor I found quite pleasing. My other monitors I felt like I couldn't see much, especially when it came to similar colors on top of each other. I can make things out easier now, so that's good.

Just overall, image quality is better/crisper when it comes to seeing actual objects, and when the image is moving, and the color differences/contrast (even though it is only a TN panel, it's better than what I was using), and feels a lot smoother.

Granted, getting a new monitor will not make anyone go super saiyan just because they have the best shit. No, but if you're already good at the game playing at 60hz, going from 60hz to 144hz will honestly boost your ability to be more consistent/confident I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation