Ranking
Original Post
[WIP]Metamorphosis
I realized that I never did that many organic type heads, so I went and started the closest thing, which is turning out to resemble an alien insect of some sort. I'm not completely sure how I will design the back, but I feel like there should be a big contract from the front, like wings or something translucent and oily rainbow looking.

Fortunately, it still seems like I remember all the steps on making a spinny
Anyway, did a bit of work today because all my friends are either tired, grounded, or out of town. Progress will depend highly on that :P

I also tried designing a car inspired head, but that didn't work out too hot. I feel like it would require some really fine details to shine, and that would take way too long.

Here is what I have so far

7/18/11:

7/19/11:
Last edited by DarkJak; Jul 19, 2011 at 06:54 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Oh man... jak.. i love your heads, i love how you do your heads, and i'd love to make mine with that great quality :<
5* so far
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
It's nice to see you trying to get away from robotic.
It looks pretty nice so far, but you should take some ingame screenies for a better view.
Thanks!

Yeah I plan on making the back a smaller contrast from the front. A black back or maybe wing areas are appealing for me right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
Make it asymmetrical.
I think, for a secondary colour, you should add warning spots somewhat like those found in rainforests. They have developed that way to show they are poisoness. I think it would add more colour, as long as you could get the AA right on the colour changes. For purple, thinking either yellow or green.
&quot;Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork.&quot;
Oh those are some good ideas! I dunno if I could work spots anywhere, but green lining or striping would probably work pretty easily.

For asymmetry, maybe broken/cracked pieces with acidic looking blood dripping out? That would probably be easy enough to add to existing parts too.

I haven't had a chance to work on it for the last couple of days, so nothing new yet (gonna be relatively busy till wednesday).

Thanks for the suggestions, they really help!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
More asymmetrical than that. Differently shapeantenna coming from the forehead, oddly sized wings (one with battle scars maybe) on the back, green spots randomly placed coming from the neckline (since I assume that area won't have much detail) or even an eye on each side looking in different directions. Just some more ideas for you.
&quot;Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork.&quot;