Toribash
Original Post
My 1st Thread :: AMBIGRAMS
I know, I know. These stuffs are not really that great. But to me, it means a lot.

For those who don't know what ambigrams are, here is a brief description:

***Ambigrams are words written or made artistically such that when you view the word upside down, it still reads and looks exactly the same as when viewed rightside up. Variations of ambigrams involves viewing a word upside down to see a new word. An example is hate but when viewed upside down in love. Try imagining it :P One more variation can be found in the book Angels and Demons by Dan Brown relating with the Illuminati diamond. One last variation is a repeated word that could fill a page and when viewed upside down reads the same. The inverted word does not need to match the rightside word exactly as a normal ambigram would. For more information just google (or your favorite search engine) it. You'll find lots of resources.

So much for brief

so, here's one i made using GIMP (can't afford photoshop and im too lazy to download cracked versions or even the trial.. ive got 284 kbps bandwidth that does not even rich maximum)

For those who can't read it, it says MAriA

So what do you think?

Im planning on making one for "Discount Death" and a variation of "Discount" rightside up and "Death" upside down.

One more info. Others like to use Old English font-like letterings because it sort of suits ambigrams nicely. But of course, being artistic would not limit you to using old english lettering. Try your own variations.

There are also ambigram generators out there floating in the web. But i dont really like using them. I like experimenting on my own :P

Thanx guys for checking this out.

------
Oh yeah, I'm open for donations of any amount of toricredits lolz.
Ill try making Ambigram for signatures for some pay XP
Not a bad idea. OR you could just have some crappy photoshop elements 6(which i want) art.

I'm more in favour of crappy photoshop elements art.
Echomarine 4 the win
Some paint job mixed with radial blur? O.o
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
Some paint job mixed with radial blur? O.o

lol. It could have been smoother if i my tablet was not broken (bcoz of that damned flood that ate half of our house) I just blurred it cause I hate the crapiness of mouse drawn brush strokes.
Originally Posted by james4083 View Post
ahh this is cool
heard about these in that book angels and demons
=]
lol
^ ambigram

yep. That was my first encounter with ambigrams. Angels and Demons, one of the books i read without stopping (not even for food or water).