ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
rittu and current false accusations
The first thing i want to talk about is this "racism" that has been going on.
Can someone explain to me how someone is racist against Brazilians without them being a race? It doesn't make any sense. Brazilians are people who live in Brazil. I see how you could be prejudiced against them, but no racism could have possibly occurred.

Secondly,
<Yoyo> fine, rittu was not racist and should've not been demoted.
Why is rittu even demoted? He displayed no form of racism whatsoever on the forums. There are no rules in IRC so this long conversation that has been posted in all of these complaint threads shouldn't change anyone's mind. This post in wibbles where he commented on speaking Portuguese, it isn't racism. He was the overseer of wibbles, he was an admin, so if he wants to tell someone to speak English, well then he should tell them by all means.

Third,
siku is banned. He was the one who was actually "racist". Even he shouldn't have been banned for this. I agree that he was being prejudiced, but there are no rules on IRC. Also i have heard that it wasn't even siku that posted the post that got him banned, so really what are you accomplishing. siku said that it was Imsku, now if you want to do something about that it is your choice. But siku didn't really do anything to break the rules. That being the actually siku, not his account.

And lastly,
What did you Brazilians accomplish? You got an old, funny ninja banned. You got a great admin, MS member, and an overall good guy demoted from his position. You caused a huge ruckus on the forums and in IRC, and you got a ton of people mad.

I'm not telling anyone to do anything, i just think that all of this is really dumb.

Also, I am not prejudiced against Brazilians in any way. I actually liked a bunch of them before all of this happened. void, Yoyo, Matheus, Leonardo, and a few others. They were all cool guys who were fund to have around. Now i get 5 queries in IRC telling me that rittu got demoted (even though i already knew), and i have to go and tell them that i dont agree with it.

So yeah.
Making a thread in discussion won't help his case.

Moved to offtopic
Last edited by Hyde; Apr 11, 2011 at 12:10 AM.
Hoss.
Making a thread in discussion is incredibly justified, I am now copying the conversations had from IRC to this thread as it seems IRC has a direct and signifigant impact on forums.

[SPOILER]

<Bloob> Hyde: You closed my thread because you dont like rittu.
<Bloob> Not nice.
<Hyde> I closed it because it doesnt fit in discussion
<JFX> Hyde, its a discussion topic
<Hyde> Nope.
<Bloob> It completely fits there.
<Bloob> Why doesnt it?
18:07 <JFX> As a third-party toribash player, you were out of line in closing that topic
<Hyde> I was not.
<Hyde> Look at every other thread
<Hyde> And look at that thread
<Bloob> Fine then
<Bloob> Reopen it and move it to rapid threads.
<Hyde> It does not fit in discussion
18:08 <Bloob> Can you do that?
<Hyde> Sure.
<Bloob> Ok thanks.
<Bloob> Or even better
<Hyde> Not sure rt is the best place, but the lmods there can deal with it
<Bloob> Off-topic
<Bloob> Hyde ^
<JFX> current discussion threads
<Hyde> Whatever floats your boat ;o
<Bloob> lol
18:09 <JFX> "Banned and sitting in hall of shame"
<JFX> "Racism in toribasH"
<JFX> "Rittu and current false accusations"
<JFX> Pretty much sounds like serious talk to me
<JFX> I consider it exceedingly unprofessional to remove debate about a person you do not care for, Hyde.
<Bloob> ^
<JFX> Childish, even.
18:10 <Hyde> The closed threads
<Hyde> Are dumb people threads
18:11 <Hyde> Thats why they are CLOSED
<rittu> hanz0: hey, you.
<JFX> They were not closed until they had quite a few posts.
<hanz0> Hi rittu
<rittu> hanz0: What do you think about the current local mods of Discussion?
* Bloob claps
<JFX> Infact, if one looks at the evidence, it seems that those threads were closed due to the posts, yet Bloob's was closed due to the topic

[/SPOILER]

C3 died. DP died. C3 died again
Every clan i join dies :C
I'll address the siku issue first. It does not matter who posted with the account. The account owner is responsible for access to that account. If he lets other users use it, then they open up to the possibility that the user may use the account for unlawful purposes. The ban I gave on siku's account, was not a personal attack towards siku. It was a removal of an offending account. Read as, I don't care who happened to be using the account and I refuse to be biased when dealing with these matters, ex-ninja or not I'll treat his account the same as any user's.

Secondly, rittu's demotion. Don't take this as an official note as this thread is the first I have heard on the matter. Admins don't necessarily have a set of rules they must follow whilst doing their job. It's about an un-biased and professional approach towards dealing with the community, be that on IRC, in the forums or in-game. Trolling with ex-staff members is not that. Admins are essentially the link between a regular user and the engineering of the forums as well as the pillars which keep this community standing. As a result, members need to have full confidence in the fact they can be taken seriously and treated fairly. If an admin cannot do that, perhaps he is in the wrong position.

On a side note, Hyde was quite right to move the thread and claiming that he was doing so out of spite is wrong.
Last edited by Fee; Apr 11, 2011 at 02:10 AM.
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
I'll address the siku issue first. It does not matter who posted with the account. The account owner is responsible for access to that account. If he lets other users use it, then they open up to the possibility that the user may use the account for unlawful purposes. The ban I gave on siku's account, was not a personal attack towards siku. It was a removal of an offending account. Read as, I don't care who happened to be using the account and I refuse to be biased when dealing with these matters, ex-ninja or not I'll treat his account the same as any user's.

Secondly, rittu's demotion. Don't take this an official note as this thread is the first I have heard on the matter. Admins don't necessarily have a set of rules they must follow whilst doing their job. It's about an un-biased and professional approach towards dealing with the community, be that on IRC, in the forums or in-game. Trolling with ex-staff members is not that. Admins are essentially the link between a regular user and the engineering of the forums as well as the pillars which keep this community standing. As a result, members need to have full confidence in the fact they can be taken seriously and treated fairly. If an admin cannot do that, perhaps he is in the wrong position.

On a side note, Hyde was quite right to move the thread and claiming that he was doing so out of spite is wrong.

The end of the first paragraph is something that all moderators of any level should take into account.
Originally Posted by Bloob
You got an old, funny ninja banned.

Yet, you say this like it would have a bearing on the decision to ban siku's account. You're basically arguing against yourself, asking for us to treat siku differently than any other fail troll user then stating the staff need to be un-biased.
Yet, you say this like it would have a bearing on the decision to ban siku's account. You're basically arguing against yourself, asking for us to treat siku differently than any other fail troll user then stating the staff need to be un-biased.

Actually i was not referring to that at all, I agree with the decision that was made on siku's account, i was merely trying to shed light on the subject. That would have made more sense in Discussion. I find that some people break rules and are not reprimanded for their actions. I also find that these people are ex-smods, ex-gk's, and people who are very well respected in the community. I also find that many smods are usually bitter, even when they are not dealing with an aggravating situation. You are one of the better smods, being that you handle situations very well and are always nice to average members.

EDIT: Disregard what i said about siku's account. It doesn't really matter if siku has his account, because i am sure that he will make another named something to the effect of sikus_banned. What i was really trying to get at was that Imsku was the actual "racist" one, and i do not see why he would not be reprimanded at all.
Last edited by Bloob; Apr 11, 2011 at 02:12 AM.
Report these users. If the smod/admin does nothing, report it to another smod and get a second opinion. I wouldn't say bitter, I would say hard. Which I guess is needed. Sometimes we have to play the bad guy and having a good cop bad cop type deal, isn't necessarily a bad thing. Anyway, we're straying from the topic here. That being said I wouldn't expect this decision to be final and wouldn't be surprised to see rittu's name pop up in red again. So yeah, wait till the dust has settled before protesting this.
I think you should let the people who are made to do this kind of work deal with it and not question their decisions, I'm sure that rittu got demoted and siku got banned for a reason that had some meaning.

About the "Brazilian is not a race" thing

It is a bit harsh... If Rittu was a normal member then the worst he would have gotten is a slap in the wrist. Besides, as previously discussed, the forums are English (which is also part of why non-English orgs are allowed to exist, and why the org "White Supremacy" was not allowed). Rittu was in the right, though he could have used correct channels to enforce and encourage correct behaviour.

It's about an un-biased and professional approach towards dealing with the community, be that on IRC, in the forums or in-game.

Well that simply is not true. Maybe you feel like you should remain professional and un-biased, and you would surely step down if you ever felt you were compromising your ability to perform your duties. However, majority of the mods are just in it for the power, and use it to enforce their own will and grudges, and that is and always has been not only allowed but encouraged by the powers that be. So don't pull out that reason.