ES Recruitment Drive
wait till you see apple's developer licence agreement

you could use it as a doorstop
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
3) They are not in any way legally binding, at best a producer can say "well we did have it in the EULA, it was on page 42".

Yes they are. Don't whinge about shit you don't know about.
4) With 2 and 3, since no one reads them (and everyone knows this), and they aren't legally binding, there is no legal grounds to use them as evidence in a court; that is, you can't say "the plantif should know because it was in the EULA" since it is not reasonable to assume they have read it.

One of the conditions of the EULA is that you agree that you have read it. If you accept the EULA then that's that. You're locked in. A EULA is a legally binding contract. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

6) Oh, and there is usually no 'alternative'. For example, if I declined the App store agreement, then what am I going to do? Then I have an iDevice that I can't put new apps on to. Great. I really doubt that the person I bought my iDevice from would give me a refund because of this. I may try it some time though...

And why on earth should there be an alternative? It's their product.

To determine whether a contract is legally binding or not, the courts take 3 main factors into account.
1) Intention of the contract to be legally binding.
Even if it's not a professionally written contract, so long as there is intention for the contract to be legally binding, it is.
2) Offer and acceptance.
Basically, you accept the offer they give you. There's no need to go indepth in this one.
3) Consideration.
Alternate factors that influence the conditions of the contract. Like if you were at gunpoint. Stuff like that.

So in closing, if they can't be used in a legal sense

They are.
, and they are not read by consumers,

It's expected they do.
what the hell is the point of them? Just to wave away complaints by unwitting users?

To free themselves of litigation.

Source; 1 year of Tort Law study.
Shut the fuck up Todd.
You do know that there is something called a Standard form contract? Basically because you have no chance to renegotiate the contract it can, and has in the past, been considered invalid. EULA's have also in the past been considered unconscionable. I would expect someone who has even a basic understanding on contract law to know these fairly basic concepts.
Originally Posted by avwave View Post
wait till you see apple's developer licence agreement

you could use it as a doorstop

Yeah, I didn't read that either.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by Yagamai View Post
lots of words

I wrote a nice response to you, but the forum went down or something.

So anyway, let me sum it up; there needs to be reasonable expectation that the party not only read, but understood the terms.

Which is why mentally disabled, under-aged people, illiterate, are not held accountable for their actions in this regard.

Not sure what country you come from where you can get a 12 year old, deaf, dumb, dyslexic, downs syndrome person to press the [Accept] button, and assume that it is legally binding.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Not sure what country you come from where you can get a 12 year old, deaf, dumb, dyslexic, downs syndrome person to press the [Accept] button, and assume that it is legally binding.

You must comprehend that the company in question is not at fault in such an encounter. It is one's choice to download such a program.

There are rules. You must follow them. If I disobey a rule in school, am I at fault because I did not READ them? Nay, it is expected of me to read them. It is my duty. They are posted... right there on the wall! In plain sight.

It is not as if it matters much. They're mostly common sense.
You should know you can't reproduce music as your own, etc.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
And yet your school would not say that the school rules are legally binding, and that by breaking the rules you are in breach of contract.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Going to school is pretty much a necessity, in some cases it's even illegal to not attend school.

Using a product is different, in that case you are agreeing to not do blah in exchange for access to whatever service or product you want.

It makes sense to have them, but the unnecessary length incorporated makes it a ridiculous burden on consumers.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Considering the fact that more than half of them neglect to read them. Companies will sodomize you without you even knowing.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Dalliance View Post
You do know that there is something called a Standard form contract? Basically because you have no chance to renegotiate the contract it can, and has in the past, been considered invalid. EULA's have also in the past been considered unconscionable. I would expect someone who has even a basic understanding on contract law to know these fairly basic concepts.

Not all standard form contracts are unconscionable. Unconscionability is only found if the terms of the contract are considered too outrageous, and that no reasonable person would accept them under reasonable circumstances. So it's case by case. And the majority of these contracts are legally enforceable.

How was that response to your obviously condescending argument? Tosser.
Shut the fuck up Todd.