Toribash
Original Post
Significant drop in FPS for no reason.
When I bought my laptop around 5 months back, I had amazing FPS and had no real FPS lag, but about a month after I got the laptop the FPS dropped to around the speed of my old laptop (horrible FPS basically, 40-50 fps on minecraft even on extremely low graphics.) Even on Warframe I use to run at max graphics at 40+fps but now I can barely run 40 on the most minimum graphics.

I've done several virus scans and have not come up with any reason for why the FPS would randomly get reduced the way it has, and idk how to fix it. I've searched but never found anything.

Am I just stupid or is this just some freak thing that my laptop did that can't be fixed?

Specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8550G
CPU: AMD A8-5550M APU (4 Cores) 2.1GHz
RAM: 4GB
(64-bit, Windows 8 )

Help is very much appreciated! Thanks
Last edited by -Cyri-; Aug 2, 2014 at 11:21 PM.
You could check how many things you're running in the background. Just pull up task manager and cycle through the tabs and pick out things that you aren't using. (Like Steam)
8-)
Originally Posted by Rumour View Post
You could check how many things you're running in the background. Just pull up task manager and cycle through the tabs and pick out things that you aren't using. (Like Steam)

I've tried that, but nothing unusual is running in the background.
The two main things are background processes, and overheating. If you've checked to make sure nothing is running in the background, you can also check using "perfmon" or "resmon" to find out where your system is bottlenecking (press win+r and type one of those programs and hit enter). Use something like HWMonitor or SpeedFan to find out if your temps are quite high, because if they are then your CPU/GPU will throttle your system. If so you may need to clean out dust etc.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
The two main things are background processes, and overheating. If you've checked to make sure nothing is running in the background, you can also check using "perfmon" or "resmon" to find out where your system is bottlenecking (press win+r and type one of those programs and hit enter). Use something like HWMonitor or SpeedFan to find out if your temps are quite high, because if they are then your CPU/GPU will throttle your system. If so you may need to clean out dust etc.

Thanks, I looked at speedfan to check it and everything seems fine.

Everything seems stable tbh.