Ranking
Original Post
Clan Posts
either I've not looked far enough, or nobody has bothered with suggesting this.

My suggestion is simple, make posts in clan boards count towards your total post count, which is shown on your profile.

Reasons:

- Posts count in organization threads and forums
> Organizations are practically clans, I see no reason for posts to count in one over the other, when the two have the same rule regarding post quality
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
2. Regardless of the quality, posts are expected to at least provide some meaningful contribution. While moderation of useless posts in this board is much less strict than others, your thread is designed to be a discussion place for your clan. Using it for mindless spam is not allowed.

Originally Posted by Uric View Post
7. Regardless of the quality, posts are expected to at least provide some meaningful contribution, as your thread exists to provide your org with a medium for discussion. It is not acceptable to use your thread for nothing but smiley spam, for example.

- Posts count in wibbles
> Really?
(not really a strong point as I imagine posts will no longer count in wibbles after a higher up sees this, crossed out)

- Many clans require semi-decent forum activity
> If someone has posted solely in clan boards for the entirety of their time playing TB, their posts will not reflect their activity. I personally look at an applicants activity when they apply for my clan. If their total posts is like 5, and I don't have VIP to check their past posts, I'll likely deny them for not being active enough.
(weaker point as brought up by Nike, crossed out)

- Your post count isn't your true post count
> This is similar to the one above. My post count is 2,600~ish, despite me having hundreds of posts in clan boards. The only boards that posts shouldn't count in are the ones that not everyone has access to, like wibbles and Forum VIP.

- Market posts count towards your total posts
> As of right now, the majority of people with a massive amount of posts were at one point marketers. Why should posts that are typically very short, like counters or offers on a thread count, but posts that usually contribute to some form of discussion not, solely because there could be shitposts in a clan board.

- No incentive to post
> People like numbers. I admit, I'm one of them. People love it when there post count goes up after a post. This isn't everyone, but a lot of people feel this way. When you're posting in your clan board, and your posts aren't going up, you're less likely to post there. As Surge said, this could definitely increase clan forum activity.
(weaker point as pointed out by Erth, crossed out)

If more points are brought up I'll try to edit them into the thread.
Last edited by Jaxon; Feb 11, 2018 at 05:17 AM. Reason: forum activity reason crossed out ; wibbles reason crossed out
Originally Posted by Raiken View Post
why? Because marketeers are having their toricredits in line which is basically the currency here in toribash and I think that's pretty normal if marketeers are only posting about their offer instead of also writing a whole paragraph of the reason behind their offer and things like that.

What? I don't get your point. Toricredits have nothing to do with the post counts so they can't make them any important by any means.
Market people are usually just arguing about an item's price as Mafia mentioned, "Negotiation".
Last edited by MrSofty; Mar 26, 2018 at 03:12 PM.
Na sahi kuch magar itna to kiya karte the
Wo mujhe dekh ke pehchan liya karte the
I was talking about when marketeers were negotiating they only include their offer in their post instead of the reason behind their offer, like why do they offer with that amount of toricredits, etc etc.
What? I don't get your point. Toricredits have nothing to do with the post counts so they can't make them any important by any means.

Post about toricredits (market negotiating) > your daily life & your mumbling about real life in clan thread.
Judged by in Art/Textures and Items forum section, you will get +1 postcount for every post or thread you made. Meanwhile in Clan thread.. nope. You will get +0 postcount. And that's pretty much legit in my opinion.

It's just an example, nothing more.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Even if spam was a problem in clan forums, the clan squad can easily moderate it. As far as I can see, the only reason clan posts don't count at the moment is because they haven't for so long.

Expecting CS to moderate every clan in toribash is quite an unrealistic expectation if I'm being honest, so I disagree with that idea.
The workload would be insane, having to read through clans for ages every day.

Clan posts are usually low quality, spam posts about in-clan memes. There are obviously exceptions with regards to serious clans who have discussions and what not, but its up for discussion whether this minority should get posts for the majority's spam

*Note for people who want to take my word as law* this post does not necessarily represent the views of the Clan Squad or Clan Management

I was talking about when marketeers were negotiating they only include their offer in their post instead of the reason behind their offer, like why do they offer with that amount of toricredits, etc etc.
Post about toricredits (market negotiating) > your daily life & your mumbling about real life in clan thread.
Judged by in Art/Textures and Items forum section, you will get +1 postcount for every post or thread you made. Meanwhile in Clan thread.. nope. You will get +0 postcount. And that's pretty much legit in my opinion.

It's just an example, nothing more.

It's not just an example, that's your whole point.
And it's not a valid point.

Because "Mumbling about your life" Is more of a "POST" than "5k"
And there's nothing wrong with talking about your life.

Some forums are similar, for example:
Entertainment and Media: Talk about your live streams or any weekly productions.

But I still don't think the right way to deal with this is by taking out EVERY clans post counts.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
What if you made it so that if the post has more then an x amount of words it is classed as a post
print("Hello, World!")
I thought some of them would like to have some privacy like their own secrets and stuffs that most of them didn't really want to talk about or share about it with the staffs.

Posts in your private board wouldn't need to count, I specifically want posts visible to everyone to count towards the total. If you're attempting to keep a secret in a board visible to the public, you've already failed at that.

Originally Posted by Kore View Post
Expecting CS to moderate every clan in toribash is quite an unrealistic expectation if I'm being honest, so I disagree with that idea.
The workload would be insane, having to read through clans for ages every day.

I completley disagree. There is a report function, no? I'm not completley sure if those reports are directed to CS members, but they could be. You wouldn't need to search through every clan forum, and you already look through active unofficial clan threads as is. If an official clan was constantly spamming the same message over and over again in their forum, they'd be caught sooner or later, and their posts would be deleted, no harm done.

Originally Posted by Kore View Post
Clan posts are usually low quality, spam posts about in-clan memes. There are obviously exceptions with regards to serious clans who have discussions and what not, but its up for discussion whether this minority should get posts for the majority's spam

These things can be moderated, again going back to the fact that organizations are subject to the same rules, and yet, their posts count towards your total. Even if they are low quality memes, as long as it doesn't get spammy (a post every 5 minutes or so saying the same thing) then it shouldn't be a problem.

There isn't really a point in having a post count statistic that doesn't show your true post count. Hidden forums I can understand not counting.

Noticed that posts in wibbles still count. lol
I'm just gamin' man
Originally Posted by Xife View Post
What if you made it so that if the post has more then an x amount of words it is classed as a post

That can work
Posts with +15(example) words count
Posts with attachments count

Last edited by Mafi; Mar 26, 2018 at 05:36 PM.
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
It's not just an example, that's your whole point.
And it's not a valid point.

Because "Mumbling about your life" Is more of a "POST" than "5k"
And there's nothing wrong with talking about your life.

Some forums are similar, for example:
Entertainment and Media: Talk about your live streams or any weekly productions.

But I still don't think the right way to deal with this is by taking out EVERY clans post counts.

It's my point of view, I called it an example so it is an example.
The length of the post doesn't matter when the purpose of the post is fulfilled imo.
And there's nothing wrong with negotiating in marketing thread.
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Posts in your private board wouldn't need to count, I specifically want posts visible to everyone to count towards the total. If you're attempting to keep a secret in a board visible to the public, you've already failed at that.

Now you mentioned private board. That is acceptable enough.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
What if posts only in official-clans count?
and I don't think official is given to clans who spam post.
Even if it's possible, it shouldn't be from after official-clans posts count towards total posts

Yeah no, the official clans are spamming even more than any other clan. Take a look at any official clan and tell me if there's any quality content being talked about.
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
Yeah no, the official clans are spamming even more than any other clan. Take a look at any official clan and tell me if there's any quality content being talked about.

It's a matter of what you take as quality