ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
How do you get enough momentum to flip?
I've been trying to attempt a backflip, mainly to try a backflip decap.
But my flips are so slow, that not only can they not decap, they can't finish.
Here is an example of one of my backflips.
I extend hips. I swing arms forward and up to gain some momentum. I extend abs then contract them midair to try and squeeze into a ball.
Nothing works. I don't want to go super high and try to break the flip record or anything, I just want to gain alot of momentum so i can get a clean decap without slowing me down, so I still have enough momentum to finish the flip.
Attached Files
first flip.rpl (24.8 KB, 50 views)
Here you go: "bloodmark3 flip edited.rpl"

For your flip, just lower your arm, extend your elbows and contract basically everything while in midair.

Butoyu biggest mistake I think, was lettin your knees relax at the start. This causes your knees to contract before even flipping.

The contracting of the knees can give alot of power to the flip.

Here's one I did AGES ago: "headbutt.rpl"

And two more I just did randomly to demonstrate: "panzersoul random flip.rpl" & "panzersoul random flip 2.rpl"
Awesome thank you. Those will help alot.
I figured loweing my arms would throw my downward and mess me up.
But will that give me enough speed to decap uke?
Truth be told, decapping is more a matter of accuracy rather than speed/power.

A weaker but more precise strike can decapjust as well as a zomfg powerful hit.

The spot you want to aim for is the neck joint (preferably with a slight upwards force, although some people might beg to differ).
I would reccomend using ankles and the Chest, Lembar and pecs.

Ankles are most importent. And also try to switch up your legs by changing the hips differently and the glutes.

Just suggestions in what I do.
You just have to relax your knees and keep the momentum going on.
Heres an example that i made in a few minutes.
Attached Files
First flip edit..rpl (52.1 KB, 20 views)
Inactive Due to RL Issues.
But I still love [l]. I also love you.
Backflipping in general is hard, although I don't have a replay for you, I can explain it as good as I can.

try starting out somewhat low,
have your arms down and knees bent(to a extent)
When your ready, extend knees(depending on angle) and rise arms
Once your high enough up, and legs aren't fully extended, relax them,
once IN the air, extend abs,
once far enough back, contract hips and lower shoulders for the swing backwords.

Thats how I'd go about it.

I'd probably PM cube, <-- naturally amazing realism player

and for future realism tips, use -30, its the natural realism gravity etc etc
Last edited by Shuckle; Jun 25, 2011 at 09:01 AM.
Backflipping isn't that hard you jus have to extend one hip and contract the others in relax
:):):):):):):):):) A Proud member of TPC/ OLDA
I suggest you need to practice jumping high first then try flipping yourself in air. Get the right timing for your hips to push you back down.
~knight zero~
Alright. You want a momentum breakdown?
Tough here is one.

Basically there are obviously going to be varying methods to gain momentum.
In mp if you can get a grab then you can for example use the opponents weight as a counter-balance to turn your upper body and then swing you lower half/legs the other direction combining the speed of both halves at the point of impact. Thats a way to get momentum using a grab and is often used in boom replays and mp.
Then when you're trying to gain momentum in sp (or some mp) without use of a grab and simply trying to move, its a little different. Im not exactly good at this method but i have observed others replays and attempted to break it down myself.
For your example a backflip, you seem to have the actual jump down, which is good.
But while in the air there is no movement, which is key. The airbourne movement is just as important as the jump in most cases. As swyne showed you can use contraction of the hips and lowering of the arms to spin more.
In addition, there is a way to move faster:
By making your "area", as it were, smaller, you go faster.
Irl example; ice skaters bring their arms in to go faster.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.