Ranking
View Poll Results: Would you like to see the return of the rep system?
Sure
120 Votes / 78.43%
Nah
33 Votes / 21.57%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Hi, I would very much like the reputation system to return for a simple reason. When I did use the market actively it was actually useful because it let you see who you could trust or not. Someone with a good reputation is very unlikely to turn out to be a scammer or cause problems with finishing the deal.
The market can use that.
How are you?
I agree with erth in every way.

Make it a reality.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
I doubt anyone really gave a shit about the rep system, maybe this is just me though xD. To me the reason 2008-2009 were the glory days was because there was the Promo-team which made the funnest tournaments and events and there were a lot of promos thanks to Gman80 and a few others that slipped my mind.
Rep system was just for bragging rights and majority of rep was farmed.

Edit: This is my opinion of course, if you think I've said something wrong, by all means make a comment.
Bring it back, it sounds cool, but if you can wipe out the problems like rep farming, then do it please.
oh yeah
If you want your ego inflated then bring the rep system back. I think it's a dumb idea though. I don't see how the rep system was a key part of the 'Glory days' even though right now isn't better nor worse than 3 or 4 years ago.
I R IRONMAN
the thing is back in the day, people could handle it

for the most part, people wouldn't do stupid things and give negative rep to anyone they didn't like (usually) or just give good rep to their friends

nowadays, that might happen.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by box View Post
for the most part, people wouldn't do stupid things and give negative rep to anyone they didn't like (usually) or just give good rep to their friends

nowadays, that might happen.

Maybe I'm not reading your post correctly but isn't that how the rep system is supposed to work?

People with negative rep are usually people who are not well liked in the community. The opposite is true for positive rep. It would make sense too since your real reputation is based on how many people like/dislike you.

If anything, just place restrictions on giving out reps. I don't know how it worked the last time it was implemented, since I wasn't on the forum as much, but I think restricting users to make one rep change per day would suffice.

Also: Make a post requirement too.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Originally Posted by DaNooB23 View Post
Maybe I'm not reading your post correctly but isn't that how the rep system is supposed to work?

the rep system was based on post quality. that's why you give rep to a certain post.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by box View Post
the rep system was based on post quality. that's why you give rep to a certain post.

Oh wow. I can see how that would be a problem then.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."