ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Quick question if anybody knows. They said that they will remove neutral Ragnaros and Sylvannas from Standard and refund the full cost of them without you having to disenchant them. Does that mean if I disenchant them I will receive additional dust back?

Yes. The intelligent strategy is to craft golden versions now, then when they go into HoF, you can get the dust, then disenchant, and have way way way free dust.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Since Blizzard became Valve with this bullshit by raising pack prices they think giving us more dust will make us forget this shit.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Quick question if anybody knows. They said that they will remove neutral Ragnaros and Sylvannas from Standard and refund the full cost of them without you having to disenchant them. Does that mean if I disenchant them I will receive additional dust back?

Every so often a patch will feature card changes, altering a card's text or attributes. If the card is craftable, and the change is not a direct upgrade or simple technical adjustment, that card will then be made disenchantable for its full crafting cost, for a short period, usually two weeks. This is designed to allow players who have spent dust crafting the card to disenchant it at no cost, minimising the disruption caused by such changes to existing cards. After the adjustment period ends, the card's disenchanting reward will be restored to its usual amount. This also applies to cards moved to Wild format.

source

i was uncertain too so i checked it
Originally Posted by sery View Post
Every so often a patch will feature card changes, altering a card's text or attributes. If the card is craftable, and the change is not a direct upgrade or simple technical adjustment, that card will then be made disenchantable for its full crafting cost, for a short period, usually two weeks. This is designed to allow players who have spent dust crafting the card to disenchant it at no cost, minimising the disruption caused by such changes to existing cards. After the adjustment period ends, the card's disenchanting reward will be restored to its usual amount. This also applies to cards moved to Wild format.

source

i was uncertain too so i checked it

Rag, Sylvanas, etc. don't work like wild cards.

When a card is changed, either for balance reasons or whatever, they get full disenchant value.

When a card is moved to Hall of Fame set, like Ragnaros, you automatically get the dust even without disenchanting, meaning you'll get both the dust AND to keep the card.

That's why making a golden copy of Rag, Sylv, Azure Drake, etc. is a good idea right now.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
you were right about the hall of fame, but it seems there's a limit, because blizzard is blizzard.
if you already have the non-gold version of legendaries crafting the golden ones won't give you any profit.
-scenario 1: you have sylvanas and rag, and get +1600 profit when the rotation hits
-scenario 2: you have sylvanas and rag, but decide to craft a golden one for 3200. when the rotation hits you get +3200, but they don't give you anything for the non-golden versions, so you're at 0. afterwards you can dust the gold one, then you're at +1600
-scenerio 3: you don't have sylvanas or rag. you should craft a gold one, get the refund, you'd be at 0, dis it and get a +1600 profit.

sceneraio 1 and 2 are the same since you end up with no gold legendaries and the same dust.

Dust will only be awarded for copies up to the maximum number of cards you could put in a deck:
-Maximum of 1 copy for legendaries - Ragnaros the Firelord, Sylvanas Windrunner
-Maximum 2 copies for all other cards - Conceal, Ice Lance, Power Overwhelming, Azure Drake
-The refund will prioritise golden cards over non-golden cards.
source

Golden Legendaries are 6400 dust

If I craft Golden Rag, that'll cost me 6400 dust.

Then it becomes hall of fame, so I get 6400 dust.
Then I disenchant golden rag, so I get 12,800 dust (total).

The 1,600 dust I lose from not getting the OG full value of Rag is fine. I still paid 6400 dust for 4,800 dust bonus. Which; is 3 free legendaries to craft next expansion.

Doing that with Rag and Sylvanas is 6 free legendaries.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
golden legends cost 3200, disenchant for 1600, and you'll only get dust for 1 legendary.
my point is crafting one golden legendary now and then dising it is the same as not doing anything IF you already have rag or sylvanas.
crafting both golden legendarie means losing a lot of dust, since you'll only get refunds for one
Ah dicks I'm wrong, you're right. My bad, I don't know why I thought golden legendaries were 6400
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
So, Un'Goro. Seems pretty interesting.

On a slightly related note: I decided to try Ranked again, using an aggro token Druid. Seems to work alright, though I know it struggles against any sort of tempo deck, and Shaman will be hit or miss at this point. Basically hinges on whether he draws aoe early before I buff my board.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games