Ranking
Originally Posted by sir View Post
It also takes wrong directions from time to time by listening weird people with their weird ideas (whole esport thing and more).

We will never know if it would've worked out since the only thing that was about esports came from community members (Youtube stuff, Striking Reborn etc.) Also when there is the rare occasion that something gets implemented which actually has impact on the gameplay, it's a matchmaking system that doesn't work. Esports develops itself if there is an active scene in a game, you don't just go and say "let's implement esports". When there is a system that seperates player's skill levels to have a competition, the higher stages of it make their esports with trying to dig deeper into the game. But then again it's so much about the mods and that the game is basically just a gigantic sandbox where you can have fun. That's not bad, but it's wasted potential. Also calling people "weird" because they are trying to put effort into having a fun competition in their favourite game - especially when a staff member says that - is disrespectful af.
The game right now doesn't bring anything new to be enjoyable again. For players who actually are old here (i wouldn't give an example my person, but still 4 years and a half nearly 5 is still something) are getting bored of it pretty quickly. I mean, yeah for new players it could be really enjoyable, again i give example my self when i started this, i was playing every day for like hours, but right now it isn't anything new.

The only reason i'm still around this game is because of the forum, because i really liked this game and i don't want to give up on it (even tho i rarely play the game at all, like 1 time in months) and because i kinda still have friends who play this game just like me and could have fun in private servers.
The community makes me uninstall the game every time I close it. There is a severe lack of homies in this game.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

I grew up. So did alot of the OG players did.

I play alot of Arma 3, rust and rocket league now.
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
The community makes me uninstall the game every time I close it. There is a severe lack of homies in this game.

Seems ironic coming from a person who lied about there gender, got in a relationship with a player, then laughed and mocked them when they were going through a tough time in there life.

Ultimately the player base is falling and game failing is because of Hampa. He has no vision at all for Toribash, the people / (not that there is really anyone) advising him and giving him the WRONG information.

Hampa has no idea what Esports even is, never mind how to make it work.

I worked with Hampa a couple years ago, and he told me that he must work on the new Torishop rather than develop the game, as the shop is where the money comes from. Really? How incredibly short sighted is that.

Even if Hampa was getting good advice he is still incompetent of making this game a success. I don't believe the staff do a good job at all, but thats not the reason for the game being a failure. Its comes down to Hampa.
the game has great potential for esports, as it can get very competitive. i feel like if hampa decided to look into esports and try to make this one, it would get much more populated
you're on thin ice, pal
it would be nice if they made a big update to the game, but unfortunately that would probably not happen unless toribash changes there engine, but if they did that could also affect toribash completely and maybe even make it unplayable. also going on what fma said, people grow up, not a lot of time for a game that doesn't get a massive update often.
-----
kozmo has a good idea about esports, but i feel like the mods need to be more difficult to master, TK is the only mod that is basically skill based. ABD would be okay but I mean, it's just snapkick and lifts, same goes for lenshu, rkmma, and wushu, but instead of lifting its just camping or running away most of the time.
-----
I only stick with this game just so i can get a high belt, or be with my friends, after my main account got banned i kinda just wanna get back to 9th dan again, maybe higher if i decide to stick with the game for awhile

also just a little side note, the ingame community might not be that active, but the forum community is pretty active, so you should probably just go on the forums now and then to talk to other people.
Last edited by Oxblix; Jan 26, 2017 at 12:10 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
maybe later
Originally Posted by Oxblix View Post
kozmo has a good idea about esports, but i feel like the mods need to be more difficult to master, TK is the only mod that is basically skill based. ABD would be okay but I mean, it's just snapkick and lifts, same goes for lenshu, rkmma, and wushu, but instead of lifting its just camping or running away most of the time.

exactly. true skill comes when you can learn to counter those lifts/snapkicks/camping etc. and use it to your advantage, the more skill you have in the mod, the more you know about getting around cheap moves
you're on thin ice, pal
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
Ultimately the player base is falling and game failing is because of Hampa. He has no vision at all for Toribash, the people / (not that there is really anyone) advising him and giving him the WRONG information.

Hampa has no idea what Esports even is, never mind how to make it work.

I worked with Hampa a couple years ago, and he told me that he must work on the new Torishop rather than develop the game, as the shop is where the money comes from. Really? How incredibly short sighted is that.

Even if Hampa was getting good advice he is still incompetent of making this game a success. I don't believe the staff do a good job at all, but thats not the reason for the game being a failure. Its comes down to Hampa.

^all of this to add on I feel as if he had a lack of inspiration or motivation to continue.(even if he says he does it's a full lie unless it's expressed in some way don't quote me on this.)Toribash should shine this year. (the reason why I said that is because on how poor games are to start of this year.)it's hard to say this but this game is not that bad to be fair. (Again I was part of a era that was previously said before.) I would love to see something new once in awhile. Maybe he can fork over the site?(just a idea. express that opinion) idk this has been said TIME after TIME after TIME and It's not going to get answered.

inb4 Hampa finds a loop hole and fucks up the community
Chab>What a dead game
bgjames1>I like WhiteF719
Why?

The problem is two-fold. The whole crux of this entire thing has to do with 1) Attracting new players and 2) Retaining new players.

As far as I'm aware we advertise shit-all (which is to say, we advertise very little/at all). Advertising is our net, right? We use it to catch fish. Well, we should be, at least. Whatever revenue is being gained from Toribash, a portion of it should go back towards promoting the product (common-sense business practice). Failing that, generate revenue by selling ad-space for non TP/VIP users and funnel that revenue back into advertising Toribash. Failing that, stick out your hands and have a community donation drive, "We're too stingy to invest in advertising ourselves, but please feel free for you to do it instead". Just do something, for Pete's sake.

The 2nd part of the problem is retaining the new players. We've already got solutions for this. Check the thread Powas made about bringing Toribash back to life in S&I. Have beginner-oriented events, have Tori-Agents sitting in beginner servers dispensing advice and wisdom. We already know how to engage newer players in Toribash, we've done it before. We just need to start doing it again.
Last edited by Ele; Jan 26, 2017 at 02:46 AM.