Ranking
Original Post
Is toribash growing? Regressing?
Just was wondering, is the game growing? Are there constant improvements being made? Or is there a great black wall looming in the distance with "death" spelled out on it.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
It sorta is but hampa really doesnt care anymore what he did was make the game, hire some strangers from the internet to moderate the game for him without payment and basically run the game without him but he still kinda sorta owns the game
Id really love it if hampa just comes back and cares again
The game used to be more lively, I'm sure you knew. As of now, there are improvements such as more things being added like items, and events are being developed. But, the game is at a standstill when it comes to popularity. People come and go from this game, but only a handful of people have stuck around. And some way longer than others. Like Sir and Solax.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
That's what I got from the last time I came here, thanks.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
I'm sure we'd all love for Toribash to become popular again. It's a very unique and fun game.

But that's just it - it's unique.

No other games are like this, and because of the learning curve and lack of things to improve on, this game cannot grow. It's sad, I know, but it's the truth. You can't add anything to a game like Toribash, and because of its high skill cap and steep learning curve, its difficult to gain new players.

It'd be nice to say yes, we'll grow, we'll survive, but again, it's an older game. We can't just add super HD graphics and 1080x1080 textures and say it's new. You literally cannot change this game.
I absolutely agree with jaxon
You really cant change anything more to toribash
You can improve fix a few bugs here and there but thats it maybe add a mode where more than 2 people can fight but other than that nothing can really be changed
Toribash is so hard to master hell its even hard to learn that most of the time if we get a new player he'll leave instantly seeing that toribash is a very hard game
I saw Zechilled play toribash and i instantly wanted to play it when i got in i was surprised not alot of people play this game not alot even knows it
It starts dying from like 2012 just because old players leave the game faster than new players come and stay.

This recent price change (burn in hell, sir) did affect the game a lot. I believe, those who did this, only thought that its done for new players to afford more items.

At first, richness. There are older and more successful players who keep a lot of 3d items, hairs etc, collecting them to know they're pretty rich or just for fun. Anyways, there are players who would hate such a change. They just lose a lot of money and ofc they will leave the game feeling disappointed. And newbies still will arrive slower than fathers leave.

Stylishness.
3D items/hairs were something stylish, something unique and expensive. Any newbie was like "WOAH he has a spiky hair! He plays so good so he can afford such a cool hair! I wish i was so cool!" and now its like "Phew, i can get 5k in a day to buy this shit"
There was something to play a lot for: good and expensive 3d items and hairs, when newbies could only afford a tori/uke hair and always were dreaming about more, so they did play and play. Now everyone can afford everything (even market prices for nice colors are coming down) and it becomes so boring when all the shit is easily-affordable.
Lowering prices was a nuclear bomb that broke half of the game.

Myself I was pretty bored of how tb goes even before this change, and was sure that you should stop making more of 3D items etc and start improving the gameplay already (there is a lot of DECENT suggestions that are not even looked into!)
But you just make tons of items that lose their price and turn into shit, some real misc that it isnt even fun to buy.

So yes, they just broke the neck to the game which was already limping.
Last edited by Thor; Feb 19, 2017 at 08:03 AM.
Staff: "oh you guys are sick and tired of us making more items instead of improving the game? i know what to do! MORE ITEMS!!!"
Even if hampa decided to make an advertisement of this game, and like 2milli players join, less than 100000 will continue playin untill it dies again, just like many of you said its a hard game and people will rage quit it, it wont die completely but at the same time it wont get as popular.
Originally Posted by TheSunther View Post
Staff: "oh you guys are sick and tired of us making more items instead of improving the game? i know what to do! MORE ITEMS!!!"

Are you suggesting that all staff are devs who have the power/technical knowledge to improve the game? Also what would these improvements look like that you're after? The 'more than 2 players fighting' suggestion you made isn't feasible, it's already been tried. I can't exactly remember why but I think it was something to do with the less-than-perfect way toribash was coded (questions on this directed to skulfuk because I don't really know what I'm talking about here)

But anyway, you can't knock the item forgers for being more active than the devs

I bolded the crucial thing ~Icky
Last edited by Icky; Feb 19, 2017 at 11:14 AM.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave